Are Gadgets killing PCs?

PC sales have flat-lined.  Seems the Android, iPhone, iPad, and other gadgets,
such as internet TVs are having a massive
affect on current PC sales.

Is the PC industry is heading for collapse?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

Cheers Don...

==================
--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com /

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Nope, just havent seen any growth lately, a different matter entirely.

having a massive affect on current PC

PC still outsell all the rest combined.

Corse not. The most we might see is another change
of physical format like we did from desktops to laptops.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Hey, it's getting harder to find a desktop in a shop like JB HiFi
100 laptops, and 6 desktops seems to be almost the norm.

However PCs fully built into screens is becoming more popular.

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com /

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Sure, but plenty in Hardly Normal and I noticed that OfficeWorks
was pushing some in their Back to School ads on TV too.

I'm the only one that has bought one recently amoungst the ones I know tho.

Dont recall the numbers were quite that dramatic at my
Hardly Normal, but still many more laptops than dekstops.

Dunno, not sure what the sales volumes are like.

I dont like laptops as the main machine myself, but I certainly
use the PC a lot more than anyone else I know does.

I do use one around the house, listening to radio national stuff while
bottling the beer and in the kitchen updating the food database, stuff
I buy in bulk that ends up in the freezer etc. I buy full slabs of porterhouse
and scotch fillet and cut it up myself to get the thick steaks I prefer.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but JB HiFi's focus selling electronic gadgets,
any electronc gadget that is popular, that is a closed box, especially
if if has lots of high priced add-ons/plug ins.

These don't require much ability in the sales droids. Desktops had that
bad aspect that they needed to be opend to have add-ons added into them.
Gadgets are so much easier.

Evolution of the laptop?

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

You are, as always.

popular, that is a closed box, especially

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that that doesnt
apply to those 100 laptops or 6 PC, if someone was actually stupid
enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

Pity about those 100 laptops.

added into them.

Not with what JB HiFi and Hardly Normal flog, cretin.

Pity about those 100 laptops.

Nope, evolution of the desktop PC, actually.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

So 100:6 says you're wrong. Laptops are basically sealed gadgets tha you
plug  doodles into. I suppose that one day you will learn to read.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

popular, that is a closed box,

Everyone can see of themselves that you are lying, as always.

ALL that shows is what those that use that store choose to buy.

So are the PCs they flog as well, fuckwit.

You'll never manage to work out how to bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

added into them.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

bag.

Shrug, another roddles utter capitualtion.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

bag.

You never ever could bullshit and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Is that "going forward" Vs "in the future"?

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Try that again instead of using gibberish.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

You're wrong. Its just another change of physical format like we
saw with laptops and amplified by Job's brilliance at marketing.

None of the laptops I look after that came with Win7 are.

Just another of your silly little conspiracy theorys.

More fool you. Its nothing like it.

Nothing like the performance of a decent i7 laptop with lots of memory and Win7
64 bit.

iPads have pathetic battery life compared with a kindle.

Electronics always does, stupid.

And notebooks are much slower than a real laptop.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:33:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828
The IT crowd using XP on a computer controlled process believe it and
won't upgrade

Don't think so

For me no difference. 3.11 would run on a 386 computer will Win7?

64 bit.
Show me a 10" Win7 laptop that has a i7 quad chip? Seem reluctant to
produce them. Seem to be saving them for Win8

Mine get 8 hours the Asus Android gets 16 hours and comes with a i7
chip
Again the only Laptops that come with a i7 weigh around five kilos,
the Asus tablet Eee Pad weighs kilo and runs on battery 16 hours
--
 Petzl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWpAgoJHUk

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

More fool them, I can prove its a lie.

More fool them, Win7 leaves it for dead.

Corse it is, its completely trivial to prove that its a bare faced lie.

Another bare faced lie.

Who gives a flying red fuck ?  No one with even 0.001 of a clue would even use
one now.

Only a fool demands a 10" screen.

Anyone with even half a clue has a much bigger screen and a tablet.

Because anyone with even 0.001 of a clue doesnt use such
a small screen on a system with a decent capability.

Fantasy.

And thats pathetic compared with what a kindle gets.

And thats pathetic compared with what a kindle gets.

So anyone with even 0.001 of a clue has both, stupid.

And a proper desktop too so you can stuff it with
the 2TB drives that you need on any decent PVR.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:53:48 +1100, "Rod Speed"

A lot of users like the light weight long battery life (not a kindle
which is just an electronic book) and find it much more productive
rather than hauling a 5 kilo windows Laptop around.
Through the HDMI ports you can run it on in my case 42" LCD
With the USB ports you can add as bigger drives as you want. As most
if not all of your Apps are available on the net there is no need to
have them on your computer. A bit of a problem is to get a "Cloud"
ready printer.
I have a Kodak ESP7 which don't and Kodak have now turned to shit
(where have I heard that before)
--
 Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/abba-money-money-money-midi

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Yes, but if they use the PC much, they want a lot more than just that too.

Wrong, as always.

around.

Most dont move whatever they use around that much and use a light weight one
only when
they do move it around much and use a much more capable system when they dont
need that.

And by the time you plug in a decent screen, and a real keyboard,
you might as well have another decent capability system that you
dont have to fart around like that every time you want to use it and
which you can put all your 2TB drives into too.

Much more convenient to be able to have them all in a decent desktop system.

Most have enough of a clue to have what they use much on the computer
so they dont have to fart around when they want to use them.

I print fuck all anyway.

Nope, its just Chapter 11, stupid.

Likely it was just the voices in your head, again.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Wod, sure your name isn't Ron? As in IRONY.
And in a thread about gadgets too..

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Irrelevant to what was being discussed there, fuckwit.

Wrong, as always.

It was actually about the purported imminent demise of the PC.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

They're all gadgets aren't they?

Site Timeline