Apple iPhone info wanted

Hi all

I am buying an iPhone and am interested in how they connect to the
internet

Does anyone here have a URL or such that has that sort of info

David

PS: What I am trying to do is figure out how I can use my BigPond
Wireless internet account as the data source rather than the Tesltra
(ridiculously overpriced) data pack

Re: Apple iPhone info wanted

Use WiFi. I have an iPod touch (similar beast in many respects) which
connects to the wireless network for email/web etc.

Re: Apple iPhone info wanted

Thanks.

I can do that at home, but need a solution for when out or travelling.
And it seems wrong to have to pay for a data package of 150 mb when I
already have 5gigs of access to the NextG network

If no one knows how I can to connect directly to my NextG internet
account, then I am wondering about building a small WiFi device.

Since its only function would be to connect to the net, and I presume I
could use one of those USB modems, how hard would it be to build a
device?

I could use a small notebook while in the car, but since I dont need
anything wlse but the net connection this would be expensive overkill,

So, still looking for ideas

david

Re: Apple iPhone info wanted

u gonna jail break it ?

Re: Apple iPhone info wanted

No plans to do so

David

after some thought I realise I can take my BigPond Gateway with me in
the car (or more likely buy another one and install it permanently) and
thus I would have a travelling WiFi set up.  But when walking around?

David - thinking about how he could get 25W of WiFi output to cover most
areas where he visits/shops etc  :-)

Site Timeline