Apple iPhone info wanted

Hi all

I am buying an iPhone and am interested in how they connect to the internet

Does anyone here have a URL or such that has that sort of info

David

PS: What I am trying to do is figure out how I can use my BigPond Wireless internet account as the data source rather than the Tesltra (ridiculously overpriced) data pack

Reply to
David

Use WiFi. I have an iPod touch (similar beast in many respects) which connects to the wireless network for email/web etc.

Reply to
Swanny

Thanks.

I can do that at home, but need a solution for when out or travelling. And it seems wrong to have to pay for a data package of 150 mb when I already have 5gigs of access to the NextG network

If no one knows how I can to connect directly to my NextG internet account, then I am wondering about building a small WiFi device.

Since its only function would be to connect to the net, and I presume I could use one of those USB modems, how hard would it be to build a device?

I could use a small notebook while in the car, but since I dont need anything wlse but the net connection this would be expensive overkill,

So, still looking for ideas

david

Reply to
David

u gonna jail break it ?

"David" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.bigpond.com...

Reply to
mark krawczuk

No plans to do so

David

after some thought I realise I can take my BigPond Gateway with me in the car (or more likely buy another one and install it permanently) and thus I would have a travelling WiFi set up. But when walking around?

David - thinking about how he could get 25W of WiFi output to cover most areas where he visits/shops etc :-)

Reply to
David