Apple iphone 3G

Thinking about getting an Apple iphone 3G, you need to watch this video.
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p78%0

Re: Apple iphone 3G

iPhone looks nice on the surface.
what a load of hype this item is.

If figure if I want a phone, I buy a phone. If I want a baby notebook to
surf the web, send emails, and do lots of etc., then I buy one.

I also figure that with cheap USB modem data plans, a baby notebook, and
a mobile phone, I will achieve lot more, and it will be a lot cheaper
that Tel$tra's iPhone plan.

What happened to the $200USD price when it came across the Pacific
Ocean? Your Tel$ra dollar at work again.

But then, I remember when the P.M.G. charged you two copper pennies to
make a phone call for any length of time. Why hasn't phone calls got
cheaper with all this technology?

:-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Apple iphone 3G

Because someone came up with the mobile phone system and instantly a mechanism
for time-charging of calls and ripping off the customer was available. Add to
the the myriad of complex plans and pricing structures and you just know you are
the sucker.

It's cheaper to call someone on the other side of the world than the next door
neighbour these days...

Re: Apple iphone 3G

mechanism

The mechanism for time charging was available many decades ago. The only
reason they didn't (and still don't for fixed line local calls) was
government policy.

know you are

And the only reason for complex plans is to provide some pretence of
competition, whilst still ripping off the customers for maximum profit.

MrT.

Re: Apple iphone 3G

One word, privatisation.
Profits and share price are now more important than service or customers.

I also remember when the Commonwealth bank once served the purpose for which
it was established.
Didn't take Einstein to figure that would change with privatisation either.

MrT.

Site Timeline