Anyone for Windows 8? - Page 2

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Yes, and I can well remember buying my first serial mouse back around
1991 or so, and finding
that it didn't work in many applications :).  Probably only in win 3.1
that I can remember, but could be wrong.
Everything was keyboard driven.

That changed real quick though with a lot of the games soon supporting
the mouse, and then WIN95 made it a must-have.

This may be the case here too, assuming it isn't another MS flop.  The
Touch Screen and PC might be problematic though

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

I am still using XP.  As it is, there is years of knowledge about
every aspect of it on the web, it is reasonably stable for my
purposes, and everything that I need runs on it.  It supports touch
screens also which you can easily get from Ebay for just about any
size monitor.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

PC touch screens will be driven by the younger set, not the dinosaurs.

Bacteria survive and thrive on steering wheels in cars. Why? Because people eat
over the top of them.
And the same thing applies to PC keyboards.

Imagine the new generation using a PC touch screen to read the morning paper,
which I'm sure many are doing right now
with iPhones and other weapons of choice.

You want your morning toast with sticky topping, spread all over your touch
screen?
Job done!

I can imagine this, and it won't be healthy.

Will blast the mobile phone radio cancer theorists into oblivion, while we
concentrate on yet another new tax. This time
for touch screens because of massive new health bills.

Perhaps we could have a Federal Government scheme for seniors, and send a team
of steam screen cleaners around on a
regular basis, to help stem this new health hazard.

Seniors Scheme for Screen Steamers.

Sorry, must be a slow morning for me. I deserve a good stoning, or at least
thrown to the ground.
(Credit: Monty Python Group)

:-)

Cheers Don...

====================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Anyone for Windows 8?
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Yuck , who wants to spend all their time poking a PC screen with their
finger , especially with these flimsy  LCD screens as they are wobbly
and  that have no weight in the base , you will end up having to hold
the screen with one hand and then poke the screen with the other hand.

The touch screen is build for the stupid newer generation that can't
spell , type or string 4 words together into a coherent sentence.
--

Sandgroper
Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

They can also (for a price) react to voice commands
--
Petzl
What perfect set of circumstances placed our Sun a Celestial ball of fire at
Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Someone who has enough of a clue to use a tablet etc.

Fools ran the same mindless line about mice.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Have not yet seen a mouse leave grubby finger prints on the screen. Mind you
some of the little rodents (grandkids) have.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

I was talking about your last para there.

Time for retrospective abortions.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Nah they are toooo cute for that.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Well, who wants to spend their life having to clean the damned thing?

Sylvia.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/06/microsoft-gives-the-first-official-look-of-windows-8-touch-interface.ars

Just another silly little fantasy.

I have never cleaned my touch screen GPS and have used it weekly for years now.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Still can't find your way home unaided?

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

now.

Those are garage sales, fuckwit child.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Say no more.

geoff

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?
I think I'll skip Windows 8, and wait instead for Windows 9 which might l
have a direct brain interface, no need for mice, keyboards or touchscreens
LOL.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Train the mice to operate the keyboard, cost a few crumbs.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Trouble is that by then you wont have a viable brain to interface to.

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Win9 will be so imbedded with Skype, that everyone will get an auto phone
implanted in a body part of their choice, but the fax /email facility will
have to be implanted in your arse. :-)

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?
If winblows as I suspect will change to that point and millions will
change o/s as there are were and will be increasing trust issues

--

Re: Anyone for Windows 8?

Irrelevant.  We will all be on Linux by, um, last year according to Lazzo.

geoff

Site Timeline