anybody here familiar with 3D printers from ALDI/office works?

How hard woud it be to modify an existing design on the thingyverse(?)?

Reply to
news18

That depends on your understanding of gears - and your ability to accurately measure the gear you have.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

So you are suggesting using a micrometer rather than vernier calipers?

Reply to
news18

No, I'm suggesting that you need more dimensions than *diameter* and calipers (or micrometers) will be of little use there. Also, you need to identify the gear form and it will likely be helical cut if heavily loaded. There's a lot more to gears than you think.

Anyway, the point is moot since the Aldi 3D printer will not print sufficiently robust gears because, for a start, the base material is wrong for the task and it goes downhill from there.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

**I wandered into my local public library about a year ago and was surprised to see a rather expensive 3D printer available for (free) use. Perhaps that might be a better option.
Trevor Wilson

If it's been overloaded it's not warranty.

Reply to
Clocky

It's not under warranty anyway. The requirement to ensure the reasonable availability of spare parts has nothing to do with warranty.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else