Any 8051/8032 gurus about?

I have spent some time trying to work out what an 8032 does on cold start i.e.
are there cold/warm start vectors etc etc? The data sheets from Philips/Temic
etc don't seem to indicate.  Or do they simply start executing at 0000h?

(I've been asked to look into an 8032-based board that isn't playing as it
should.  Reset doesn't seem to get it starting up properly.)

Thanks for any guidance.

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?

You'd use the Intel book :) I can post the relevant pages on ABSE. Otherwise
you've to provide a valid e-mail address.

petrus bitbyter

BTW. My address is valid once you removed the obvious spamtrap.

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:20:03 +0100, "petrus bitbyter"

Tnx, try the digits for fourty-four via westnet dot com dot au

It may be obvious to those who handle Dutch better than me ;-(

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?

I should have realized. laatditweg=leavethisout, enditook=andthistoo

You can also try my hotmailaccount petrusdotbitbyter in which dot is a dot

petrus bitbyter

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?
Www.8052.com

--
Clint Sharp

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?

So at initial power-on or after a RESET, 0->PC?

Re: Any 8051/8032 gurus about?
to keyboard and composed:

According to my 1985 Intel Microcontroller Handbook, the MCS-51 family
has the following interrupt sources and service vectors:

Table 3. 8051 Interrupt Sources and Service Vectors

Interrupt Source       Service Routine Start Address
 (Reset)                0000H
 External 0             0003H
 Timer/Counter 0        000BH
 External 1             0013H
 Timer/Counter 1        001BH
 Serial Port            0023H

External 0/1 would correspond to pins INT0/1.

The 8032 appears to be identical to the 8031 except that it has twice
as much RAM (256 bytes versus 128) and 3 timer/counters instead of 2.

The manual states that "each source has a particular program memory
address associated with it (Table 3), starting at 0003H (as in the
8048) and continuing at 8-byte intervals".

- Franc Zabkar