Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again. - Page 3

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

You are mistaken adducing this as evidence of x-posting to
aus.electronics by Trevor Wilson, John.

This campe from a topic [Stun Guns] started in aus.tv by one of their
trolls: "Gordon Lightfoot". It was x-posted to aus.electronics by
Sylvia Else. All replies then (including that by Trevor with the
passage you cite) carried this as follow up.

I haven't bothered to see if there are indeed instances in which
Trevor has x-posted to aus.electronics on the topic of guns, but this
above claim is refuted as an instantiation of the proposition.

Fran

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Hello Fran,

I haven't heard from you in a long time, how have you been? I
sincerely hope you and yours are doing well.

On this, Dear Lady, you and I must agree to disagree, Trevor did post
it there because I read it there.

Regards

John.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

We are all doing well. Thanks.

That is acknowledged in the answer above. The quesiton is: Did he x-
post to aus.electronics or merely follow the follow-up set by somebody
else (pun intended)?

I know that from time to time, my posts go to groups I wasn't
considering when I posted, simply because I've answered them in
aus.politics (as is the case here) without trimming the follow-ups.

One poster in aus.politcs likes to x-post to aus.flame and on each
occasion I notice, I trim it, but some slip through.

Fran

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

No, it happened just the way Fran said it did.
You are the only person who has posted (two) new threads to aus.electronics
about guns, hence the complaints.
Trevor has never posted directly to aus.electronics about guns.
Sylvia is the original cuplit here, but seeing as that the "Stun gun" thread
at the time actually had something to do with electronics, the cross-post
was understandable.

Regards
Dave.
Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Yep, sure it did.

Trevor's "psychopath" remarks about TPG posters appeared on
aus.electronics - you people said nothing

Trevor's "normal people" remarks about TPG posters appeared on
aus.electronics - you people said nothing

Trevor's claims about gun dealers using gunshows to avoid compliance
with GCA-68 appeared on aus.electronics - you people said nothing.

Trevor's totally irrelevant remarks about DGU's, for which he's been
shown a fool so many times on gun related groups, appeared on
aus.electronics - you people said nothing.

As soon as "Trevor Tosspot's Porky List" appears, you people begin
ranting about O/T posts.

Clearly, you minds were well and truely made up a very long time ago.

Tom and I have given you an "out", tell Trevor his anti- gun rants
aren't welcome on aus.electronics, treat him exactly the same way
you've treated other posting on the same subject.

I don't recon you're capable of doing it.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Glad you realise that.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.
Wow, it really is quite amazing how you are incapable of realising this
simple fact. Absolutely stunning.

Wrong, I complained about new OT *threads* *you* started, two of them so
far. I had no problem with the stun gun thread drifting off-topic, that
happens. Sensible people ignore a thread when it drifts off topic and does
not interest them any more.
It seems you are incapable of comprehending that some people really don't
care what is said about a subject in a thread that drifts off-topic, but
they do care when their group is hijacked by people like yourself by
starting *new* OT threads in the wrong group.
The thread system is there for a reason, sensible people use it. People like
you like to abuse it.
New OT threads = Bad.
Topical threads drifting OT = No problemo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not about what anyone says
in any post, it's about starting new OT threads in aus.electronics,
something only *you* are guilty of here - twice. Trevor has done no such
thing - ever. How many times do I have to spell it out?
Obviously too many, so I'll give up now. *yawn*

Your rabid obsession with Trevor is truly remarkable. I suggest you get more
fresh air, a lot more fresh air.

Go for your life in this thread, it really is quite hilarious, but please no
more new OT threads in aus.electronics.

Regards
Dave.
Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Er, I was being sarcastic?

Well, "not sensible" is an improvement on how I'm usually described

Gee, thanks, nice to know you care.

If Trevor ceases using aus.electronics for posting his anti-gun rants,
you'll not hear from me over there again.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Do Trevor over and we wont burn down your news group. You aren't part of
Tony Soprano's family are you?

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

said...

None. I'm beginning to suspect that 'John-Melb' is in fact another
'anti-gun zealot' in disguise. He's certainly having the desired effect,
if that's his real motive.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

They left out the Nordic Biathlon. Skiers who shoot.

--
"No matter how cynical I get, it never seems to be enough."

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.
You people truely disgust me.

Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech is not a licence to allow the distribution of
malicous, demonstrably untrue claims about any group in society. It's
designed to ensure that differing opinions are heard.

Wanker Wilson posted his assertion that American gun dealers were
using gunshows to ignore the requirements of GCA-68 and sell guns to
criminals on aus.electronics.

You people said nothing.

Wanker Wilson posted his claims about DGU's in America on
aus.electronics.

You people said nothing.

But when something is posted pointing out that zealots like Wanker
Wilson often get their facts wrong, you lot start whingeing about
cross-posting.

So, you're not prepared to challenge Wanker Wilson about his off-topic
posts, but quite prepared to challenge John?

John Crook, President of Gun Control Australiaonce described the
debate over firearms ownership in this country as "The Australian Gun
War". I've got news for you lot, your decision to take sides means
you're no longer innocent bystanders, but active combatants.

But then, you probably already knew that.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

That's because he did not start the thread, he was clearly not aiming at
aus.electronics and was simply keeping the cross-posted thread going as
originally posted.

Correct, but you've missed the entire point, massively.
Most of us here on aus.electronics do not care about guns or chat about guns
and have never had to put up with talk about guns on this group.
It is only until "John-Melb" posted *two* *new* threads about guns to
aus.electronics that I and others started to complain.
I had no real problems with the OT "Stun gun" thread turning into gun talk,
I simply ignored it, threads drift off-topic, that happens.

I was willing to let John-Melb's first deliberate aus.electronics OT gun
post fly, but when he posted yet another new thread and started showing a
trend of including aus.electronics as a cross post in *new* threads, that's
when I complained - and rightly so.
Remove aus.electronics from your cross-post list, please, we don't want this
on our group.

Regards.
Dave.
Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

   David, you can't reason with these kinds of people. Set up a proxy
server and drop anything crossposted to any gun group, or politivcal
group.  Then you'll never see anything, no atter who posts it, or how
often they change their nym.

http://improve-usenet.org /

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Thank you Tom, you've put it far better than I could have.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I know, just trying to knock it on the head now for the benefit of all on
aus.electronics.

Dave.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Then talk to Wilson

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

You don't get it, I do, I don't care if he started the thread or used
a thread already started, he used aus.electronics to launch an attack
at gun ownership, as he done previously through rec.audio.opinion and
aus.hi-fi.

You've made it clear, in your opinion and on "your" group,  Wilson's
rants are OK but John's replies are not.

I can't think of anything else you've got to say that I want to hear.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

There is a big difference between starting a thread and simply responding to
a cross-posted one that's already started and goes a bit OT. Shame you can't
see that.

If Trevor *starts* threads like this on on aus.electronics then I'll give
him the same serve, you can bet on that. He hasn't, so I have nothing
against Trevor at all. In fact he's a very long standing member of this
group, one of the highest (on-topic) posters.

That's ok, stay away from aus.electronics and you won't hear from me. That's
the beauty of these seperate specific usenet groups which John-Melb sort to
disrupt. This is what I'm defending, shame you don't think the same way.

Regards
Dave.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I can see well what you're defending.

While Trevor's posting his rants about guns and gun owners, you can
bet I won't be too far away.