Antenna Rotator

G'day everyone,

about to replace the crappy old antenna at the farm and being halfway
between Toowoomba, Warwick and Brisbane, I'm miles from most of the good
signals. I've been rotating the antenna array (UHF and 2 different VHF
antennas) with a stick to aim at either Toowoomba or Brisbane depending on
what I'm trying to watch.

As I'm going to go up in height, and so on to try to get a stronger signal,
I'd like to know about antenna rotators, does anyone have any experience or
recommendations?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Antenna Rotator

Have you looked at what you can get on Digital?
http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID22 %

You might possibly be able to get all the digital channels you want
from the one location.

Dave.

Re: Antenna Rotator

Are you using good quad-shield coax?

If not, I'd suggest re-running your antenna cabling and you'll find that
you'll get a hugely better amount of signal just from that.

I've seen CH31 go from snow to perfect just from changing the coax, and not
the antenna.

Re: Antenna Rotator

Perhaps a new run in quad shield rg6 as a minimum
  if you want a new aerial then matchmaster off Compton Rd in Logan
  to spin it if you go big then something like a KR400 I guess.

Re: Antenna Rotator

"Bushy Pete"

**  Just have a big tyre lever poking out one side of the antenna pole and
get the missus to do the job of pointing while you call out directions from
in front of the set.

.......   Phil

Re: Antenna Rotator

A pair of UHF radios makes this more effective, less shouting. Means
you can still hear her with the sound turned up too, no need to miss
that footy call as you try to improve the picture.

Dave.

Site Timeline