Antenna Rotator

G'day everyone,

about to replace the crappy old antenna at the farm and being halfway between Toowoomba, Warwick and Brisbane, I'm miles from most of the good signals. I've been rotating the antenna array (UHF and 2 different VHF antennas) with a stick to aim at either Toowoomba or Brisbane depending on what I'm trying to watch.

As I'm going to go up in height, and so on to try to get a stronger signal, I'd like to know about antenna rotators, does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Bushy Pete

Have you looked at what you can get on Digital?

You might possibly be able to get all the digital channels you want from the one location.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Are you using good quad-shield coax?

If not, I'd suggest re-running your antenna cabling and you'll find that you'll get a hugely better amount of signal just from that.

I've seen CH31 go from snow to perfect just from changing the coax, and not the antenna.

Reply to
princo coasters

Perhaps a new run in quad shield rg6 as a minimum if you want a new aerial then matchmaster off Compton Rd in Logan to spin it if you go big then something like a KR400 I guess.

Reply to
a t e c 7 7

"Bushy Pete"

** Just have a big tyre lever poking out one side of the antenna pole and get the missus to do the job of pointing while you call out directions from in front of the set.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A pair of UHF radios makes this more effective, less shouting. Means you can still hear her with the sound turned up too, no need to miss that footy call as you try to improve the picture.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones