Antenna reception poor

I just installed an outside UHF antenna and my VHF/UHF one is in the
roof. I installed the UHF one because I was getting poor signal on UHF
channels. I am in Melbourne.
I am using a diplexer on the UHF antenna mast. After installing it,
the reception is worse on all channels. I have checked all the wiring
several times. This is really frustrating because it's suppoed to be
crystal on all channels.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Re: Antenna reception poor

"Matthew D"

**  Call an antenna installer / expert to come and fix it.

      Be prepared to get laughed at - however.

.........   Phil

Re: Antenna reception poor

Try it with the outdoor antenna connected directly to the TV (ie. no
diplexer) and confirm that you get good reception on UHF. You may even find
you are in a good enough position to get VHF as well depending on your
location. Once you confirm the UHF antenna works by itself, then insert the
diplexer without the other antenna and make sure that works, then put the
inside antenna onto the diplexer. Step by step.....

Cheers.

Ken

Re: Antenna reception poor

  Dump the diplexor , move it all out side from inside the tin roof and
guess what , or leave as is checking each rx alone being sure it works
then use a suitable load balancing splitter/joiner/phaser and you might
stand a chance .
  After installing it,

Re: Antenna reception poor

Return the new antenna and exchange for a digital set top box. Plug it in
and away you go.

-H