Another splitting query - speakers?

Can I use one pair of speakers from two different amps?
Or should I switch one of the sources out of circuit to play the other?
They are small power - car player and mp3 device.

Re: Another splitting query - speakers?

**Absolutely NOT! Doing so, will almost certainly guarantee the
destruction of one, or both amplifiers.

**Yes. USe line level connections to deal with source switching.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Another splitting query - speakers?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by line level connections.
OK to use a 4 pole switch just before the speakers?

Re: Another splitting query - speakers?

I think he means use one amplifier and switch the signals going in.

that would work fine.

--
?? 100% natural

Re: Another splitting query - speakers?