Another installment...

For those playing along at home, #3 is up:
http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog /
or subscribe to my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

Dave.

Re: Another installment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

good info on static protection Dave,

Re manufacturers/resellers promises, with 8 days from #1 to #3 blogs,
and Easter in the  middle, it doesn't give them a great amount of time.

But then, how interested are they in getting a product review during the
current global situation?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Another installment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

I guess my sarcasm doesn't come through too well on the video!
Perhaps if I had a million subscribers they might be interested.

I've cracked triple digit views, or is it that the same few people are
watching it dozens of times? :->

Dave.

Re: Another installment...

"David L. Jones"

**  Now the wanker even spells with an American accent.

......    Phil

Re: Another installment...

Wanna be a special guest on the next episode Phil?
I can pop right over and film a segment, should be barrel of laughs!

Dave.

Re: Another installment...

   Put a big ol' box of busted toasters on his porch.  You know he can't
resist them. :-)

Re: Another installment...
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:00:35 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Dog shit in a paper bag, plus lighter fluid... ring doorbell, shout
"FIRE" ;-)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E.                           |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

Nah.  Just let DimBulb burn.

Re: Another installment...

   I thought you were saving that one for billy boy?

Re: Another installment...

Oh please do.  Maybe I can send in a "stupid" question and Phil can
rant and cuss!

George Herold

Re: Another installment...

Sure would be a barrel of laughs Dave.
I would say the whole of Usenet is waiting to get a Captain Cook of our
little bleeder Philthy.
I've always wanted to see a video blog of Toaster Repairs 101, Philthy
style.
I can just imagine it now.  More expletives than Gordon Ramsay as he answers
the mailbag section (yes the spot you don't have yet).
Every time he comes out with an expletive or three you could beep out the
offensive language, so then again maybe just leave it in and have an R rated
version - LOL.  After all no one would recognise it was Philthy without
getting abused for every little bit he disagrees with.

Re: Another installment...

   He could wear a balaclava to protect his identity.

Re: Another installment...

If you want a laugh, stroll over to aus.aviation and watch filly and
Sylvia Else arguing over something that neither of them understand. I
don't think that the regulars over there are especially amused though.

Keith

Re: Another installment...

At least while she is there she is not here..........           : )

Re: Another installment...
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:52:55 +1000, "Phil Allison"

Come on, Phil! Pots and kettles and all that stuff :-)

Not so long ago you were pulled up for using the word ASSHOLE,
arguably the worst Americanism of all.

I'm with you on the "wanker" bit though. I've had more fun watching
"East Enders". :-(

Re: Another installment...

You are of course welcome to submit a video of your own, I'll include it in
the next blog. How about it?

Dave.

Re: Another installment...

    What about that "Make" blog website where people can share
their interesting build it yourself project. An Australian
electronics one where people can submit their own handy projects
would be good. I have a few knick-knacks worth contributing
mostly micro based.

    I don't think for a second Phil would appear on video, but
under a pseudonym he'd probably be happy to write some articles
for an electronics blog.

Re: Another installment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

#4 is up.

Dave.

Re: Another installment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

woah, slow down Dave,
we don't want you burning out!

good work again.
:-)

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Another installment...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEVblog

How does the power consumption of the processor compare with the rest of the
electronics in the calculator?
I can easily see the advantage of throttling back the processor speed to
save energy, but what about the rest of the electronics?
Have you taken any measurements?  I'm assuming the majority of the power is
consumed by the processor?

Cheers,
Alan

Site Timeline