Another DSE store scraps components

For anyone who might pop into the Macquarie Centre DSE PowerHouse store for the
odd component, switch or connector, they have dropped all components,
connectors, switches, lamps etc entirely. The shelves are bare (or not even
there anymore).

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

I've been to a couple of DSE stores around Brisbane, looks like they getting rid
of kits too - lot's of specials.

Tom

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

   DSE doesn't make any kits now. Once they've sold what few are still
in the stores, that's it.
   The bean counters running the show have spoken. Profits are higher on
coffee makers and MP3 players.

Bob

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

kids are ok to get rid of they grow up into goats

just leave them on the side of the road to eat grass

for the
even

I've been to a couple of DSE stores around Brisbane, looks like they getting
rid of kits too - lot's of specials.

Tom

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

  Talked to one of the guys in the Ashfield store, said the plan was to scrap
all components by the end of the year.

  So for me, the only other nearby option is WES, which I try to avoid.  Had
an issue with work when we ordered a bunch of resistors and caps to restock
our shelves, and had a whole lot of wrong values come instead.
  They said their official policy was if a particular value was not available,
they'd supply the next closest.  Yeah, that works.
  At least with electus, they just plain fuck up the order.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

So, what's wrong with that? Works for MP3 players & coughing ash trays,
so should work for electronic components.

Kevin Martin

--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

"John Tserkezis"

**  The gals are generally better informed   -   at DSE  Ashfield.

**  Huh  ??

The staff at WES are friendly and very obliging these days.

The variety of stock WES  carry is simply amazing.

If you are lucky, you might even get served by the owner's rather classy
missus.

** That is true  -  their  back room boys are a  TAD  careless.

 The " pay peanuts -  get monkeys "  rule applies.

**  Like the old saying says:

It takes a  EXPERT   to   REALLY  fuck  something up.

......  Phil

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

    Ain't that the truth?! It's an old WES tradition, you know. ;)

Bob

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

What - you're looking for a better quality farting ashtray?

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

**Nope. Just some of those floating Solar powered lights for the pool,
that were actually waterproof. I note that the new catalogue has "new
and improved" versions. LOL! I won't be bitten twice.

Trevor Wilson

--

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:25:39 +1000, John Tserkezis

the

With WES I always put "no substitutes" on the orders.  Hasn't failed me yet.

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 08:23:13 GMT, swanny

Here's what I know of the situation.

DSE PowerHouse stores had all components and most kits except the
learning/educational type removed in order to make room for small
appliances. This policy has been in place for quite some time. I'm
surprised that the store mentioned above still had components so long after
the structure change.

Regular DSE stores will continue to sell the "basic" range of components
and the learning/educational kits with the "magazine" kits being phased
out. Tools and test gear are still stocked and new items are still being
added to the range. Of course Silicon Chip is still available too.

Mike

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

I often use Altronics in Auburn as I work near there. I have found them to
be much better then DSE and Jaycar and reminds me of the way those two other
stores used to be. They also have the advantage of having the warehouse
there so if what you are looking for is not kept on the shelf, they can
usually just quickly get it from the warehouse out back.

for the
even
after

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

Auburn, melbourne? Do you have the address?

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

Ah. Auburn Sydney. Nevermind.

Re: Another DSE store scraps components

I'll second that, the Sydney Altronics store is very good. Much more
professional feel than Jaycar.

BTW, I heard that the Jaycar warehouse will be moving from Silverwater
to Rydalmere in the not too distant future.
Soanar (yet another Jaycar subsidiary) are already there.

Dave.

Site Timeline