Another CFL failure

"petrus bitbyter"

** Shame you cannot prove one single word of it.

** You might be in big need of Phillips

- since you obviously have so many screws loose.

** Wot a load of old BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!

Get a life - f****it.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

snip

Philips certainly did manufacture and sell toilet seats, at least in the Netherlands. I recollect using the toilet in an older house there and seeing the Philips shield moulded into the underneath of the lid.

They had plastic moulding factories to produce cabinets and components for their electronic equipment, its not surprising they also produced other items.

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

"ChrisRiley"

** Beware - Hotmailer on the loose !!!!!!!!

** Huh - what is " pilips " ??

That the same brand as the infamous " Phirrips" ???

ROTFLMAO !!

** Philips "Tornado" CFLs are one of the cheapest and worst brands

- you imbecile

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I have an old Philips 15W unit with a rounded cubical base and four straight parallel tubes coming out that join at the ends to form the ionisation path. It's been running fine in the dunny for more than 15 years. It was one of the first CFL's and pretty pricy at the time, maybe it had suitable specced components.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

"Mark Harriss"

** That sounds like a magnetic ballast fluoro lamp with replaceable compact tube.

Not the same thing at all as the **electronic ballast** 240 volt CFLs that we are all being forced to use these days.

** An outdoor dunny light gets used maybe 25 minutes a day - would have clocked up only 2000 - 3000 hours in 15 years.

Magnetic ballasts go on for ever and the tubes are of quite different and much longer life design compared to electronic ballast BC and ES type CFLs.

No comparison exists.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The base measures 40mm cubed and has "Electronic" written on the side, total length is 20cm.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

"Mark Harrarse Retard"

** Is there a standard BC or ES fitting on the thing or not ??

Model number and / or pic required.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil, like I give a crap about what you think about CFL's. It exists, it's quite old, it was very expensive at the time and dates from the mid 90's as that's about the time I went to Uni, which, I might add, I successfully completed, unlike other failed maths students whose name begins with P and ends in N, I could mention.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

"Mark Harrarse Retard"

** Is there a standard BC or ES fitting on the thing or not ??

Model number and / or pic required.

You vile liar.