Ancient transistors?

I have a 1968 s-state stereo amplifier hooked up to my computer. Sounds
nice, but one channel has had a heart attack.

I've not found anyone to repair it (yet) but I suspect the last devices
in line, 4 x 2SB337. I'll pull them out and test them.

Is there anywhere in Oz that might have a couple of these, in the event
that I need them? I'm in Canberra.

Paul Blair

Re: Ancient transistors?

"Paul Blair"

 **  Germanium, PNP,  40 volts, 7 amps, 12 watts diss,  odd package.

       I reckon you are out of luck.

............    Phil

Re: Ancient transistors?

TO-3, c/w sockets! I can but them by the hundred from HK...but heck!

Paul

Re: Ancient transistors?

"Paul Blair"

 **  Then use AD149s  -   WES sell them for a few bucks.

 **  That is hard to believe  -   Ge devices are scarce as anything.

  Beware,   HK is famous for selling fakes.

.............   Phil

Re: Ancient transistors?

and you infamous for being a fuckwit , wots your point ? dickhead .

Re: Ancient transistors?

It looks like his point(s) is(are) don't buy from HK because chances are
they are fakes and also you can buy single units here in Aus instead of
having to buy hundreds.
Now I may have completely missed something but that seemed quite
obvious.  Personally I don't know whether or not it is correct so don't
take this as an endorsement, merely an interpretation.

Matthew

Re: Ancient transistors?

About the best you will get locally (WES Components) is the AD149. At
least they are still listed in their catalogue. They have a lower
Ic(max) of 3.5A compared to 7A so you may need to increase the value
of the emitter resistors. Without circuit detail it is difficult to be
more specific.

Re: Ancient transistors?

"Ross Herbert"
 Paul Blair

**  Looks like a different ( ie smaller than TO3 ) pack to me.

  I considered the AD149 as a sub but discounted it on that basis.

Re: Ancient transistors?

http://www.donberg.ie/descript/2/2sb337.htm quotes prices in Australian
dollars so I guess they'll supply you.

Graham