Analogue or digital function generator ?

I need a function generator to help with my electronics course.
when I am finished the course, I will be learning to design
loudspeaker crossovers / filters.

Can someone advise whether a digital FG would be more useful
for this purpose, due to it's greater acuracy, or will an analogue
suit
me just fine. I do prefer the frequency adjustment wheel on the
analogue
type. I don't think the digital types have this.

Does anyone prefer one over the other ?

Re: Analogue or digital function generator ?

I believe there is soundcard software out there that will do
the trick for audio frequencies i.e. generate and measure the
response if you can handle the interfacing part to your
soundcard.

Re: Analogue or digital function generator ?
Thanks mark,

I know about the software available, but I realy want the benchtop
variety
as that is what I need to prractice on to help with my tafe course.

Re: Analogue or digital function generator ?

Yes build whatever function generator you want for the construction
practice, since it's *far* better to measure speakers using a
computer/soundcard set-up these days.

MrT.

Site Timeline