All is not lost

If you inadvertently try to cut a piece of spring wire with those expensive
side-cutters, the pain can be lessened by the knowledge that you now have a
pair of one-size-only wire strippers.

Re: All is not lost

One quickly learns that cutting of springs should only be done with someone
elses cutters..............

Re: All is not lost

My cutters have instructions marked on them, for maximum gauge, copper
only - ignore at your peril.

Dave.

Re: All is not lost
  You need E.A.berg pianotrad music wire cutters [If they are still made]

Re: All is not lost

Farnell will sell you a nice pair for $280:
http://au.farnell.com/1518917/tools/product.us0?sku=ck-tools-t3760df-110

Dave.

Re: All is not lost

E.A.Berg was taken over by Bahco and they have cutters with
progressively hardened jaws so you can cut piano wire at the back and
copper at the front.

Re: All is not lost

Why not make them hard all the way along? Cost? Or is there a tech reason?

Not that that would help in all cases, I've seen a jaw half break at the
pivot/hinge when the small cutters are grossly overloaded.

Re: All is not lost
They make both [Fully hardened and progressive] Maybe all hard for piano
tuners and maybe they can have more delicate tip for people who only
want to cut piano wire occasionally on the progressive ones

Re: All is not lost

Not Bahco by any chance ?

Graham

Re: All is not lost

If you cut a power cord that is still pluged in , you will have two places
to strip wire. Don't ask how I found this out.

Re: All is not lost

But I don't have any wire either size {:-).

Re: All is not lost
I cut some plated brass 8BA screws once. Went alright till I got to
about the 10th one which was steel. Looked the same.

;-(

Kevin Martin

--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form

Site Timeline