Aldi goodies - Page 3

Re: Aldi goodies

Actually, they're not only a grocery store and in Europe they sell all sorts
of stuff including electronics and they are hugely popular for their cheap
prices on all sorts of items, and they have a reputation for value for
money.

Good on them if it works for them. I know they have massive buying power and
as such can pass the savings onto their customers.

So consumers win.

Quit whining and grow your own food, you are welcome to do so.

Re: Aldi goodies

In Australia, they advertise as a grocery store.
I know what they do in Europe. I know the history of the two brothers that
run/ran the organisation, and how they got it to where it is today. Not a
pretty sight at all if you refer to'consumers' as you do later5.

Any what's your point here?
Any grocery chain has 'massive buying power'
Aldi has a broader market as a buyer, is all.

Bullshit.
Consumers don't win. Ever.
That's why they're called consumers, you twonk.

I do.
So should you.
In Europe somewhere, since everything's better there. Of course.
--
Your childish, witless, stupid and repetitive.
There arent one post on this whole forum that looks like it came from

Kinda. Their weekly brochures are more like those from BigW or K-Mart than
those of coles or Safeway.

I love 'em. I think there's something *really* funky about a place where you
can go do your regular weekly shop and buy a trumpet or violin at the same
time :)

Noddy.

Re: Aldi goodies

those of coles or Safeway.
can go do your regular weekly shop and buy a trumpet

And if you want to compare Aldi OZ (which is run by Aldi-South) to Aldi-North of
Germany, click
on the catalog in the link. It's an animation of the current real catalogue.
http://www.kaufda.de/Aldi-Nord-Prospekte/b-r43

Re: Aldi goodies

http://www.aldi-nord.de/ has current offers.

They sell everything from food, through hardware, appliances through
to holidays and mobile phone services.

Just don't expect the in-store staff to be competent or able to
provide advice in those things.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
Re: Aldi goodies
On 2011-01-24 14:09:27 +1100, Bernd Felsche

And don't expect too much  of their meat products.  On the several
occasions over the years I have bought mince steak from them I have
noticed a peculiar faint odor reminiscent of mildew given off whilst it
was cooking.  It was enough to turn me off buying any more meat from
them.

Re: Aldi goodies

Making me salivate just reading this, but too lazy/insufficient time to
do that.  Easier to get the mince from the local (real) butcher.

Re: Aldi goodies

[Aldi...]

So no different at all to the in-store staff at Dick Smith, Hardley
Normal, K-Mart or Big W then?

--
Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org /

Re: Aldi goodies
There is a big difference, Dick Smiths, HN and others to degree pretend they
know a lot, at Aldi they do not pretend.

Tom

Re: Aldi goodies

Perhaps the staff at Aldi don't feel obligated to lie through their
teeth to make a sale.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
Re: Aldi goodies

The link I gave is the same as the flyer/catalogue that I pick up
from Aldi. (I live in Hamburg.)  It also has the flyers from all the other
supermarkets, hardware stores, discounters etc in the region.
http://www.kaufda.de/Aldi-Nord-Prospekte/b-r43

Plus clothes, shoes, garden stuff inc. plants, cameras, binoculars etc.
Only a delection is ever in the store at any one time though. I don't think
the stores ever send anything back to the warehouse either, if the specials
haven't sold after a few weeks they start reducing the price until they are sold.

They are always too busy in my local Aldi to help anyway. Even the store
manager is stocking shelves or at the register a lot of the time.

Re: Aldi goodies

Can't you just piss in the water like everyone else?

Re: Aldi goodies

WA stands for Wait Awhile mate.  We are 10 years and 3 hours behind the rest of
the country.

Fraser

Re: Aldi goodies

Is Wednesday something like a Thursday?

Re: Aldi goodies

Our local news agent has the "Name" brand ones for $20

Kev

Re: Aldi goodies

(except for brand name) to the one I use on my bench. I
special' at my local Coles for $25.00.

I just looked that up on the Aldi pages.
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_16697.htm

What's the big round button for ?
I haven't seen that one yet over here (Germany), although I bought
a different one from Aldi in 2004 for about the same price, but it hasn't
got a 2-line display. Still works well, I mostly use it for hex-bin-decimal
conversions.

Re: Aldi goodies

**As the calculator appears identical to the Casio fx-82, the semi-round
button allows for replaying long caclulations. Handy to see where you went
wrong. :-(

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au