Aldi goodies

Making me salivate just reading this, but too lazy/insufficient time to do that. Easier to get the mince from the local (real) butcher.

Reply to
Mike

I've only ever bought Makita and I am yet to be disappointed. Just bought an

18 volt li-on to replace my 12 year old nicad drill which is still on its first battery and works perfectly. I just wanted a cordless hammer drill.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

WA stands for Wait Awhile mate. We are 10 years and 3 hours behind the rest of the country.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

My makita battery drill no longer works as they stopped making the batteries for it.

Reply to
terryc

Can't you just piss in the water like everyone else?

Reply to
Clocky

mmm sometimes you get what you pay for,, some times cheap battery drills last longer. got a top of the range AEG drill $$$$$$$ within 3 months both batteries died...... performance is a bit ??? bought another brand 1/4 the price , still going good 20 months later....

mmm what did the drill land on , guarantee it didnt land on concrete ;; :-)

Reply to
no one

very rarely the lugs are soldered , they are spot welded.. even then , some times they are that tightly packed you WILL NOT be able to rebuild them.

Reply to
no one

AEG aren't regarded as quality tools any more regardless of the price, they used to be good but not any more.

within 3 months both batteries

Concrete pavers, most of the power tools used by the blokes I work with are trade grade Makita or the occasional Dewalt, a few blokes have tried other brands like Hitachi, Bosch and Milwaukee but nothing survives the harsh treatment of daily tradie use as well as Makita.

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

Panasonic probably make the best cordless drill but bring your wallet. For the money Makita can't be beaten.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

used to be good but not any more.

trade grade Makita or the occasional Dewalt, a few

survives the harsh treatment of daily tradie use as

the money Makita can't be beaten.

Hilti seems popular in Europe, never had one so I can't comment either way.

Reply to
fritz

used to be good but not any more.

trade grade Makita or the occasional Dewalt, a few

survives the harsh treatment of daily tradie use as

the money Makita can't be beaten.

My really big impact is about 15 years old , a Hilti and still going strong driving 75mm core cutters most eveyday

--
Reply to
atec77

Picked a Hilti case in the verge collection a few months back - thought the case might be good for storage.

It contained the Hilti drill, vary speed / reversing + hammer, about 10mm capacity, two batteries, the charger and the user manual.

It works fine and has done quite a bit of work for me in the last 3 months. Very pleased!

Reply to
Dennis

Great score. Have a look online to see what it is worth for a laugh. Some people have more money than sense if they can throw that away. Pissed off wife prehaps?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

used to be good but not any more.

trade grade Makita or the occasional Dewalt, a few

survives the harsh treatment of daily tradie use as

the money Makita can't be beaten.

Popular here as well but very expensive, my electrician nephew has a Hilti rotary hammer drill which is excellent but it wasn't exactly cheap. Hilti have a lease scheme where you just make a monthly payment and they replace the tools with new ones every couple of years, its not a bad way of getting the use of good tools if you don't have the cash up front but no matter how long you lease them you never own them.

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

Lucky bugger:-)

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

When it comes to drilling concrete you really can't go past Hilti. Great stuff. My old man used to have a stack of them. I wonder if he still does.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Drilling concrete or masonry isn't something I do often so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on rotary hammer drill so I bought a cheapie. Its an Ozito which so far has worked very well, I doubt it would last all that long if used every day but its very good for the rare occasions I need it.

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford