be

used Emergency light

desolder the lugs and use em

just failed there 90

know and I will find

cells you want and a

until I get some good

(F**ken heavy bastards

I'll call you today sometime Re: the 200s parents will probably still want them

Kev

Reply to
Kev

You want me to mail you one of the calculators?

--
John McKenzie

tosspam@aol.com  abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com abuse@earthlink.com
abuse@aol.com vice.president@whitehouse.gov president@whitehouse.gov
sweep.day@accc.gov.au uce@ftc.gov admin@loopback abuse@iprimus.com.au
$LOGIN@localhost I knew Sanchez before they were dirty root@mailloop.com
$USER@$HOST $LOGNAME@localhost -h1024@localhost abuse@msn.com
abuse@federalpolice.gov.au fraudinfo@psinet.com  abuse@asio.gov.au
$USER@localhost abuse@sprint.com abuse@fbi.gov abuse@cia.gov
Reply to
John McKenzie

(except for brand name) to the one I use on my bench. I

special' at my local Coles for $25.00.

I just looked that up on the Aldi pages.

What's the big round button for ? I haven't seen that one yet over here (Germany), although I bought a different one from Aldi in 2004 for about the same price, but it hasn't got a 2-line display. Still works well, I mostly use it for hex-bin-decimal conversions.

Reply to
fritz

**As the calculator appears identical to the Casio fx-82, the semi-round button allows for replaying long caclulations. Handy to see where you went wrong. :-(
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

There is an Aldi in Raymond Terrace but they seem to have very little other than groceries and there is no way to contact the store to see if they have a particular item.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

That's the company's policy No contact details no wages to pay for someone to answer them

Reply to
George W Frost

Thanks for the offer, but I'm OK for calculators ;-) Their prices are very good though, could use the extra competition here in WA.

Reply to
Clocky

The trick is that Aldi is not a Calculator, Computer,TV or Hardware store. It's supposedly a grocery chain-store. The specials on Calculators (in this instance) is there to get us into the store. I suspect the marketing ploy is to bait the males with tools etc, so they drag their grocery shoppers into Aldi, the rest is easy. I not with some interest here in HickBrisville that when Aldi puts up a 'special' on an item where Big W, Target etc stocks equivalents, then the Big W prices are dropped to match for the duration of the Aldi speshuls.

So, you get to choose which 'brand' to buy and where to buy it. Natch, in either case the only way to avoid expenditure you don't need it to only pick up the speshuls. At either place:-))

Aldi has ONE good point. They blinked first, and 'introduced' unit pricing to Australian shoppers. More accurately, they used that to claim high gound

- a s they knew absolutely that Coles and Wollies would never do that unless they were forced to do so by GovCo. and that wasn't happening any time soon, no matter how much we all bleated about trick packaging games and having to take calculators shopping with us.

But, truth be know ALL the supermakets are doing us over by not placing prices actually on items. Unless you're a true zealot, and mark every item you buy with the price, looking for faded dockets are year down the track, or possessing an exceptional memory, are the only way you'll twig to the constant price increases going on.

But of course, Colour TV's are cheaper - more affordable even - yeah - like we buy one of those and eat it every week.

--
Your childish, witless, stupid and repetitive.
There arent one post on this whole forum that looks like it came from

A demented Peter Lucas Impersonator - November 2010 .
Reply to
Toby Ponsenby

True, but the main thing is that Aldi have these "specials" almost every week. Taking bread, Aldi have it for $1.09 a loaf every week As you say, any Woolwortths and Coles and IGA who happen to have a store close enough to concern, they have to match the price, but in my little village, there is an Aldi miles away from IGA but IGA do not match Aldi prices, but the IGA 200 metres from ALDI match them. The only problem is that it costs $10 to drive to ALDI.

Reply to
George W Frost

Actually, they're not only a grocery store and in Europe they sell all sorts of stuff including electronics and they are hugely popular for their cheap prices on all sorts of items, and they have a reputation for value for money.

Good on them if it works for them. I know they have massive buying power and as such can pass the savings onto their customers.

So consumers win.

Quit whining and grow your own food, you are welcome to do so.

Reply to
Clocky

Al di's cheaper $1.09 bread is the same loaf you get from Woolworth's that they sell for $2.69, it is baked in the same bakery but comes in a different wrapper and that is all.

Reply to
George W Frost

In Australia, they advertise as a grocery store. I know what they do in Europe. I know the history of the two brothers that run/ran the organisation, and how they got it to where it is today. Not a pretty sight at all if you refer to'consumers' as you do later5.

Any what's your point here? Any grocery chain has 'massive buying power' Aldi has a broader market as a buyer, is all.

Bullshit. Consumers don't win. Ever. That's why they're called consumers, you twonk.

I do. So should you. In Europe somewhere, since everything's better there. Of course.

--
Your childish, witless, stupid and repetitive.
There arent one post on this whole forum that looks like it came from
anyone who has more IQ points than there teeth.

A demented Peter Lucas Impersonator - November 2010 .
Reply to
Toby Ponsenby

Kinda. Their weekly brochures are more like those from BigW or K-Mart than those of coles or Safeway.

I love 'em. I think there's something *really* funky about a place where you can go do your regular weekly shop and buy a trumpet or violin at the same time :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

those of coles or Safeway.

can go do your regular weekly shop and buy a trumpet

And if you want to compare Aldi OZ (which is run by Aldi-South) to Aldi-North of Germany, click on the catalog in the link. It's an animation of the current real catalogue.

fritz

has current offers.

They sell everything from food, through hardware, appliances through to holidays and mobile phone services.

Just don't expect the in-store staff to be competent or able to provide advice in those things.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
 X   against HTML mail     | answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
/ \  and postings          |  --HL Mencken
Reply to
Bernd Felsche

And don't expect too much of their meat products. On the several occasions over the years I have bought mince steak from them I have noticed a peculiar faint odor reminiscent of mildew given off whilst it was cooking. It was enough to turn me off buying any more meat from them.

Reply to
Mike
[Aldi...]

So no different at all to the in-store staff at Dick Smith, Hardley Normal, K-Mart or Big W then?

Andy

There is a big difference, Dick Smiths, HN and others to degree pretend they know a lot, at Aldi they do not pretend.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Perhaps the staff at Aldi don't feel obligated to lie through their teeth to make a sale.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
 X   against HTML mail     | answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
/ \  and postings          |  --HL Mencken
Reply to
Bernd Felsche

The link I gave is the same as the flyer/catalogue that I pick up from Aldi. (I live in Hamburg.) It also has the flyers from all the other supermarkets, hardware stores, discounters etc in the region.

Plus clothes, shoes, garden stuff inc. plants, cameras, binoculars etc. Only a delection is ever in the store at any one time though. I don't think the stores ever send anything back to the warehouse either, if the specials haven't sold after a few weeks they start reducing the price until they are sold.

They are always too busy in my local Aldi to help anyway. Even the store manager is stocking shelves or at the register a lot of the time.

Reply to
fritz