Aldi goodies - Page 2

Re: Aldi goodies
On 21/01/2011 7:10 AM,  Scotty wrote::>>  My Hitachi costs about 500 for
the basic 18v kit , I assume you realise

Emergency light
the lugs and use em to
failed there 90
and I will find some
Ok I will take you up on that
  shame to throw the old ones out without a try

--

Re: Aldi goodies
Emergency light

I'll have some of those, I got a heap of Ryobi batt packs that have died
and need repacking, 12 and 14.4V and an 18V circular saw battery
you know my number

Kev

Re: Aldi goodies

: > :>>>  Today I bought a cute solid looking and feeling, lithium powered
battery
: > :>>>  drill, The trigger speed control is better than any others I have
tried.
: > :>>>  One strange thing is that the charger power supply is still wound
: > :>>>  transformer type.It has a plug to the charger base 12v dc,so that means
: > :>>>  I should be able to charge in the car. Now I just have to hope it does
: > :>>>  not blow up soon, I have mixed success with aldi stuff, some things
: > :>>>  excellent some not so.
: > :>>>  They also had magnetic trays (2off),magnetic tool holders (2off)$10
: > :>>>  And lots of other mechanical goodies.
: > :>>  My Hitachi costs about 500 for the basic 18v kit , I assume you realise
: > :>>  pay for what you get applies so the Aldi wont last in anything but toy
: > :>>  use ?
: > :>>
: > :>
: > :>
: > :>  $69 for this one, But I bought two 18 volt drills from Aldi about six
: > :>  years ago for $24 each,they have had a new battery a couple of years
: > :>  ago, one is still going like a train,(can't fault them except for
: > :>  batteries) but I can not get more new batteries and to rebuild them
: > :>  costs heaps.
: > :>  If this one lasts as well I will be satisfied.Even if the batteries go I
: > :>  can probably still rig something up as they look like they have 18650
: > :>  size built in the pack, which are easy to get and cheaper than NiCd
: > :>  As long as this drill is as good mechanically as my old ones it will be
: > :>  all right.
: > : You may well find ebay/us will find batteries , locally battery world
: > : wanted 320 ex for two for the Hitachi , 164 laneded from the us
: > :
: > : --
: > : X-No-Archive: Yes
: > :
: >
: > Ya lazy buggar, rebuid the old ones! Last time I rebuit a Drill pack I used
Emergency light
: > batteries. All you have to do it break open the plastic wrapper and desolder
the lugs and use em
: > rebuild ya drill pack.  Theres always thousands of those that have only just
failed there 90
: > discharge test that are being thrown out.  If you need seom Baz, let me know
and I will find
some
: > that have "Had" to be replaced ;o)
: >
: >
:
:
: I'll have some of those, I got a heap of Ryobi batt packs that have died
: and need repacking, 12 and 14.4V and an 18V circular saw battery
: you know my number
:
:
: Kev

Not a problem, I'll store a bunch and let you both know.  Let me know how many
cells you want and a
number and I will try and keep them aside for you.  We generally chuck em out
until I get some good
ones.

PS Kev, you still want some 200Ahrs? I have four in the ute at the moment
(F**ken heavy bastards
though, 61Kg each)

Re: Aldi goodies
battery
tried.
means
does
realise
toy
go I
be
used Emergency light
desolder the lugs and use em
just failed there 90
know and I will find
cells you want and a
until I get some good
(F**ken heavy bastards

I'll call you today sometime Re: the 200s
parents will probably still want them

Kev

Re: Aldi goodies
very rarely the lugs are soldered , they are spot welded.. even then , some
times they are that tightly packed you WILL NOT be able to  rebuild them.

Re: Aldi goodies

**Two weeks ago, Aldi advertised a scientific calculator that is identical
(except for brand name) to the one I use on my bench. I paid $27.00 for it
about 18 months ago. I note that the same calculator is 'on special' at my
local Coles for $25.00.

Aldi had it for $1.99.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Aldi goodies

Kind of makes the "down down, prices down" jingle a bit of empty
propaganda.

Though Coles lite sour cream is cheaper than Aldi.

Re: Aldi goodies

I bought one of those on Wednesday just for having a spare around. Works a
treat.

Noddy.

Re: Aldi goodies

Wish we had an Aldi here, but we still haven't.

Re: Aldi goodies

Shame, they have put one in every reasonable sized city in SE QLD
since about 2005 or so.

I think WA still has no Aldi though.

Re: Aldi goodies
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:34:04 -0800 (PST), kreed

No Aldi's in WA as far as I am aware!

Would be good if there were.
--
Sell your surplus electronic components at
http://ozcomponents.com

Used to be about 400km from me, but we went to that area regularly, I
used to just buy bulk in the non-perisahble stuff,
load up the car and bring it home.  Was much less than Coles,
especially the cat food at the time.

Re: Aldi goodies

That's why I made that comment, I'm in WA where there are no Aldi's :-(

Re: Aldi goodies
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:34:04 -0800 (PST), kreed

There is an Aldi in Raymond Terrace but they seem to have very little
other than groceries and there is no way to contact the store to see
if they have a particular item.

Re: Aldi goodies

That's the company's policy
No contact details
no wages to pay for someone to answer them

Re: Aldi goodies

You want me to mail you one of the calculators?

--
John McKenzie

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com   snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com
Re: Aldi goodies

Thanks for the offer, but I'm OK for calculators ;-)
Their prices are very good though, could use the extra competition here in
WA.

Re: Aldi goodies

The trick is that Aldi is not a Calculator, Computer,TV or Hardware store.
It's supposedly a grocery chain-store.
The specials on Calculators (in this instance) is there to get us into the
store.
I suspect the marketing ploy is to bait the males with tools etc, so they
drag their grocery shoppers into Aldi, the rest is easy.
I not with some interest here in HickBrisville that when Aldi puts up a
'special' on an item where Big W, Target etc stocks equivalents, then the
Big W prices are dropped to match for the duration of the Aldi speshuls.

So, you get to choose which 'brand' to buy and where to buy it.
Natch, in either case the only way to avoid expenditure you don't need it
to only pick up the speshuls. At either place:-))

Aldi has ONE good point. They blinked first, and 'introduced' unit pricing
to Australian shoppers. More accurately, they used that to claim high gound
- a s they knew absolutely that Coles and Wollies would never do that
unless they were forced to do so by GovCo. and that wasn't happening any
time soon, no matter how much we all bleated about trick packaging games
and having to take calculators shopping with us.

But, truth be know ALL the supermakets are doing us over by not placing
prices actually on items. Unless you're a true zealot, and mark every item
you buy with the price, looking for faded dockets are year down the track,
or possessing an exceptional memory, are the only way you'll twig to the
constant price increases going on.

But of course, Colour TV's are cheaper - more affordable even - yeah - like
we buy one of those and eat it every week.
--
Your childish, witless, stupid and repetitive.
There arent one post on this whole forum that looks like it came from

True, but the main thing is that Aldi have these "specials"  almost every
week.
Taking bread, Aldi have it for $1.09 a loaf every week
As you say, any Woolwortths and Coles and IGA who happen to have a store
close enough to concern,
they have to match the price,
but in my little village, there is an Aldi miles away from IGA but IGA do
not match Aldi prices,
but the IGA 200 metres from ALDI match them.
The only problem is that it costs $10 to drive to ALDI.

Re: Aldi goodies

Al      di's cheaper $1.09 bread is the same loaf you get from Woolworth's
that they sell for $2.69, it is baked in the same bakery but comes in a
different wrapper and that is all.

Site Timeline