Aldi computers - Page 2

Re: Aldi computers

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:13:33 +1000, "R1rob"

The sensor chip may have 3 fan inputs and several voltage inputs, some
scaled, some not. There is nothing that says that the motherboard
designer must assign input 1 to the CPU instead of input 3, for
example. The author of the monitoring software relies on feedback from
users to determine the functions of the inputs. Another potential
unknown is the scale factor used by the designer to sense a -12V rail,
for example, using an ADC input that ranges from 0 to 5V.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Aldi computers

No there is not. But the motherboard designer should tell ppl which ones are
which?

Rob

Re: Aldi computers

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:17:37 +1000, "R1rob"

I'd just be happy if they'd tell us what all those BIOS settings mean.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Aldi computers

Have a hunt around the web. There are some awesome sites dedicated to
informing you of bios options and what they do.

Rob

Re: Aldi computers

Got to stick up for this guy I have an Aldi Computer with the same problem
of fan failure, although I was lucky enough that it started making an awful
racket before it stopped working so I knew what the problem was.  Emailed
Medion to get a replacement fan, only to be offered an expensive replacement
card.  You would think with Australian importing laws you could actually get
the required part from the manufacturer.

Re: Aldi computers

put finger to keyboard and composed:

What does the BIOS say?

Which chip does your motherboard use for monitoring? For example, I
use Motherboard Monitor to monitor an ECS motherboard with an ITE8705F
chip. To make the fan and temperature readings correspond to the
actual motherboard layout, I had to edit a configuration file.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Aldi computers

You get what you pay for!

Rudolf

Re: Aldi computers

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:32:23 +1000, "Rudolf"

A freeware monitoring program that doesn't understand your particular
machine's motherboard?

- Franc Zabkar