Alarm pulse count EDM

EDM Solution 16
Primo IR-530Q Passive Infra Red detector

Movement detector has a pulse count of 1-3
with a delay time of 20 seconds.

Alarm panel has pulse count of 0 - 15

Installation Manual for panel says inertia sensors should use
pulse times of 0 -7
while PIR's should use pulse times 8 - 15

Thinking of changing pulse count to dectector to 1
and Panel count to 8 - 9

Ideas?

Bye ....Ian

Re: Alarm pulse count EDM

Reply from a friend who had a hand in designing the EDM Solution panels:

If your detector is tripping so many times in a set time, you have a
problem, go and replace it with a DS940Q, it's a quad sensor, or even
better, a DS835I which is a dualtech microwave/ir/pet immunity...... DS835i
sub $100....i think the 940 might be sub $50

Leave the pulse count at default on the panel.....if you need to set it,
then maybe 2-3.

Dave.

Re: Alarm pulse count EDM
On Thu, 21 May 2009 15:48:24 +1000, "David L. Jones"

Had an idea this question might get a response from you David.

I only just installed a couple of extra Quad detectors.
One week no false alarms. Have a sreened enclosure out the back
where I will put dual microwave/ired

Will do as you say

Its just that the Installation Manual for panel says PIR's should use
pulse times of 8 - 15.

Thank you Dave

....Ian

Re: Alarm pulse count EDM
On Thu, 21 May 2009 15:48:24 +1000, "David L. Jones"

Thanks David, detectors are not tripping.
Only just fitted a couple of extra PIR's.
Will have use for the DS940Q, screened
enclosure out the back.
Its just the manual says a count of 8 - 15
for PIR's. Default on panel is 0.
If I leave panel at 0 and detector at 3, wil
that be ok?

...Ian

Re: Alarm pulse count EDM

Reply:
he can set the detector to 1, and if it goes off, then set it to 3, but it
shouldnt....just tell him to have it in SILENT for a week or two when he
puts it up, this will ensure his neighbours dont get pissed off.....also
tell him to put in the LOCKOUT SIREN - DIALLER
The detector shouldnt trip unless there is movement in front of it.....the
detectors are smart, they filter out...i wouldnt even change the pulse count
on the detector.....i would leave both at 0....the detectors are digital....