Alarm pulse count EDM

EDM Solution 16 Primo IR-530Q Passive Infra Red detector

Movement detector has a pulse count of 1-3 with a delay time of 20 seconds.

Alarm panel has pulse count of 0 - 15

Installation Manual for panel says inertia sensors should use pulse times of 0 -7 while PIR's should use pulse times 8 - 15

Thinking of changing pulse count to dectector to 1 and Panel count to 8 - 9

Ideas?

Bye ....Ian

Reply to
Ian_

Reply from a friend who had a hand in designing the EDM Solution panels:

Quote If your detector is tripping so many times in a set time, you have a problem, go and replace it with a DS940Q, it's a quad sensor, or even better, a DS835I which is a dualtech microwave/ir/pet immunity...... DS835i sub $100....i think the 940 might be sub $50

Leave the pulse count at default on the panel.....if you need to set it, then maybe 2-3. /Quote

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Had an idea this question might get a response from you David.

I only just installed a couple of extra Quad detectors. One week no false alarms. Have a sreened enclosure out the back where I will put dual microwave/ired

Will do as you say

Its just that the Installation Manual for panel says PIR's should use pulse times of 8 - 15.

Thank you Dave

....Ian

Reply to
Ian_

Thanks David, detectors are not tripping. Only just fitted a couple of extra PIR's. Will have use for the DS940Q, screened enclosure out the back. Its just the manual says a count of 8 - 15 for PIR's. Default on panel is 0. If I leave panel at 0 and detector at 3, wil that be ok?

...Ian

Reply to
Ian_

Reply: he can set the detector to 1, and if it goes off, then set it to 3, but it shouldnt....just tell him to have it in SILENT for a week or two when he puts it up, this will ensure his neighbours dont get pissed off.....also tell him to put in the LOCKOUT SIREN - DIALLER The detector shouldnt trip unless there is movement in front of it.....the detectors are smart, they filter out...i wouldnt even change the pulse count on the detector.....i would leave both at 0....the detectors are digital....