AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.

Yet the VT/VX Crapadore Executive models had AC as an option. AC is not just for cooling occupants, it is used in rainy weather to rapidly demist windows. It's another arm-pinching thing [am I having a nightmare] !!

Incidently, the Falcon Forte direct competition to the VT/VX, had AC as standard.

Jason

Reply to
N/A

I wouldn't consider a car without aircon. There is one major reason why I prefer aircon, apart from the issues you mentioned, - on a long trip, the cool air helps keep me awake and alert. A hot car interior is very tiring and makes me drowsy whilst open windows at highway speeds in modern cars just isn't on.

Three essentials for country driving; aircon, cruise control and sunglasses. A 6 stacker MP3 enabled CD player is almost an essential given the country radio stations I have encountered.

--

Krypsis
Reply to

'tis nice but we managed very well for years with a fan........................

Reply to
The Pilot

Yes we managed with wood stoves and pump water too but times have changed.

Heaters have been compulsory under the ADRs for years now for demisting. But I agree I would not entertain a car without A/C nor would I want one with "Climate Control". If I want cool I want a one touch switch to get cold, not a multi step up/down thingo where are you going Climate control.

--
John G
Reply to

you had much better ventilation from the outside back then too. Since the early 90's the ventilation systems are designed around air con, and are totally ineffective at bringing in sufficient outside air, and seem to only bring in enough to ensure the air remains fresh rather than sufficient for cooling

Some Nissan vans and light commercials for example had a flap at the front about 9x3" that would directly let in large amounts of outside air.

Reply to
kreed