AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.

Yet the VT/VX Crapadore Executive models had AC as an option. AC is
not just for cooling occupants, it is used in rainy weather to rapidly
demist windows. It's another arm-pinching thing  [am I having a
nightmare] !!

Incidently, the Falcon Forte direct competition to the VT/VX, had AC
as standard.

Jason

Re: AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.

I wouldn't consider a car without aircon. There is one major reason why
I prefer aircon, apart from the issues you mentioned, - on a long trip,
the cool air helps keep me awake and alert. A hot car interior is very
tiring and makes me drowsy whilst open windows at highway speeds in
modern cars just isn't on.

Three essentials for country driving; aircon, cruise control and
sunglasses. A 6 stacker MP3 enabled CD player is almost an essential
given the country radio stations I have encountered.

--

Krypsis

Re: AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.

'tis nice but we managed very well for years with a fan........................

Re: AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.
The Pilot submitted this idea :

Yes we managed with wood stoves and pump water too but times have
changed.

Heaters have been compulsory under the ADRs for years now for
demisting.
But I agree I would not entertain a car without A/C nor would I want
one with "Climate Control".  If I want cool I want a one touch switch
to get cold, not a multi step up/down thingo where are you going
Climate control.

--
John G

Re: AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.

you had much better ventilation from the outside back then too. Since
the early 90's
the ventilation systems are designed around air con, and are totally
ineffective at
bringing in sufficient outside air, and seem to only bring in enough
to ensure the air
remains fresh rather than sufficient for cooling

Some Nissan vans and light commercials for example
had a flap at the front about 9x3" that would directly let in large
amounts of outside air.

Site Timeline