AirCard 312U MEP unlock code

I've been given an unwanted AirCard 312U, but it seems to be locked to the
Telstra network.

I downloaded generic firmware from http://www.netgear.com site & applied but
lock is still on.

Does anyone know a way to obtain the MEP code to unlock this USB modem from
Telstra network without having to pay someone to do it?

Re: AirCard 312U MEP unlock code

Thanks Don.

Spent a few hours going through Whirlpool, that's where I got info about
upgrading firmware etc.

Only way out is to pay up, pay a fee to Telstra and I believe they will use
the IMEI to generate the MEP code to unlock.

There are also overseas web sites that can unlock code for a fee, which I
don't feel comfortable sending my money to.

In the end for around $50 -> $100 you could buy new 3G/4G USB modem, so IMO
not worth cost of unlocking.

Cheers

Re: AirCard 312U MEP unlock code

3G USB Modem
Convenient and fast mobile Internet access made easy
$25
Free Shipping!
http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/3g-usb-modem/

Site Timeline