Additional Online/Offline stores?

As it is now, I shop with Farnell, Futurlec, Jaycar, and DSE with the
odd order to DigiKey.

Are there any others that I can add to my list?  Even ones where I can
walk into.  I am based in Brisbane.

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

Liquorice allsorts, not necessarily online shop....

http://www.altronics.com.au /
http://www.futurlec.com.au /
http://australia.rs-online.com/web
https://www.em.avnet.com
http://www.braemac.com.au /
http://www.oatleyelectronics.com /
http://www.oceancontrols.com.au /
http://www.electusdistribution.com.au /
http://www.x-on.com.au /
http://www.rfmodules.com.au/

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?
http://www.kalex.net.au /
http://www.radioparts.com.au /
http://www.tycoelectronics.com/components /

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

How is Digikey for postage costs? Have a look at Sparkfun Electronics
(http://www.sparkfun.com/), they got some stuff that others don't have.
Tom

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

My last personal Digikey order was US$34.10 postage + $6 handling for
international orders using the USPS option, package was 1LB 9OZ. Now
with the Aussie bleeder having plummeted recently, not as good a value
as it used to be.
With the USPS option, you don't know the price until they have packed
and shipped it, so you take your chances a bit.

For work order I use courier of course but it's more expensive.

Dave.

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

I have not ordered yet through them.  I usually keep the oversea's
stores to a last resort if I cannot find what I want locally.

One thing I noticed about SparkFun, their tutorials are very good.

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

    Rockby Electronics in Melbourne (the old Rod Irving premises) with
generally good prices, weekly specials and decent mail order service.

http://www.rockby.com.au

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

Not electronic, but when you need specific mechanical bits, Small
Parts can't be beat:
http://www.smallparts.com.au /

There is Mouser of course:
http://mouser.com/

Plus Jameco:
http://www.jameco.com

And don't forget to use:
http://findchips.com /
for the best prices and stock.

Dave.

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?
qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

You could try Prime Electronics in Bowen Hills. www.prime-
electronics.com.au

Jim

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

I have 400+ specialized products sourced from all over the world, aimed
mainly at micro hardware and software. In many cases, you will only find
these items at Dontronics.

I am moving away from general components, and have many of these types
of these items on special to clear stock.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?

I'll add:

www.soanarplus.com

Andy

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?
Thanks for those links.  I really do appreciate them.

Re: Additional Online/Offline stores?
Forgot http://members.iinet.net.au/~worcom /

--
Regards