ACMA FM polarisation & pattern nomenclature...

Just a quick question, some of you may save me some time -

Was looking for polarisation & pattern info on a local FM station in
this pdf:
www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib100059/radio_2-oct2011.pdf

For polarisation, 'V' and 'H' is clear to me - but what is 'M' both
V&H perhaps?

Patterns are all 'OD', again I'm not 100% certain but presumably this
is omnidirectional?

Thanks for any clarification.
--
http://losenotloose.com /

Re: ACMA FM polarisation & pattern nomenclature...

"Je▀us"

** M =  mixed polarisation.

 Used to be called " circular polarisation " but that is a bit of a
misnomer.

** OD =  omnidirectional, usually only in a narrow horizontal plane.

    It is assumed that all listeners are terrestrial.

...  Phil

Re: ACMA FM polarisation & pattern nomenclature...

Thanks very much for the clarification Phil, most appreciated.

Site Timeline