AC Regulation

Hello, my first topic in this group! Nice to be a part of it!

My question is regarding AC voltage regulation. I am using a 9-24V
tapped transformer for a fairly expensive device that requires 9VAC @
3.5A.
Is it necessary to regulate the output of the transformer for a clean
power source to this device? I know its good to have DC regulated to
avoid ripple, but never worked with AC power sources before.

Thanks for any advice!

Regards,
Kurt.

Re: AC Regulation

**What is the application? In general, with properly designed equipment, AC
regulation is a waste of money.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: AC Regulation

"Trevor Wilson"

** Wake up TW   -  its that same Mark Ilsley idiot again.

 New GG account, posting from Victoria, same wacky topic.

......   Phil

Re: AC Regulation

Wow, didn't know i'd get such a hostile response for my first time
posting...
FYI, i don't know what or who your talking about and am a genuine
person seeking advice.
Oh well, ill be taking my search else where then.

Thanks for your help...

Re: AC Regulation

While you are looking, there would not be any equipment around that needs
regulated AC. Paticularly anything using a plugpack.
--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: AC Regulation

hmm....  Is a toroid an air-core transformer ?

Re: AC Regulation

"kreed"
 "Kurt" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

**  You get a hole lot more out of life with toroidals  !!

.......  Phil

Re: AC Regulation

Oh yeah Phil, I drive around the country in an effort to device you.

Re: AC Regulation

"Mark" snipped-for-privacy@dodo.com.au wrote

Oh yeah Phil, I drive around the country in an effort to device you.

*****Device??????????????

Brian g

Re: AC Regulation

    Dyslexia, you know. He probably meant "deceive".

Re: AC Regulation

.....a DEVICE running from +/- 15VDC which vibrates, titillates ?

Re: AC Regulation

Yes I did mean "deceive".

Misspelt it and then picked off the wrong option from my spell-checker's
list, 'i' before e except after 'c'. So sue me.

My point is that Phil is wrong AGAIN.

I am not the OP and don't need to go to nearly that much effort to deceive
him.

Re: AC Regulation

Thanks for the SPAM Brian.