AC Regulation

Hello, my first topic in this group! Nice to be a part of it!

My question is regarding AC voltage regulation. I am using a 9-24V tapped transformer for a fairly expensive device that requires 9VAC @

3.5A. Is it necessary to regulate the output of the transformer for a clean power source to this device? I know its good to have DC regulated to avoid ripple, but never worked with AC power sources before.

Thanks for any advice!

Regards, Kurt.

Reply to
Kurt

**What is the application? In general, with properly designed equipment, AC regulation is a waste of money.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson"

** Wake up TW - its that same Mark Ilsley idiot again.

New GG account, posting from Victoria, same wacky topic.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Wow, didn't know i'd get such a hostile response for my first time posting... FYI, i don't know what or who your talking about and am a genuine person seeking advice. Oh well, ill be taking my search else where then.

Thanks for your help...

Reply to
Kurt

While you are looking, there would not be any equipment around that needs regulated AC. Paticularly anything using a plugpack.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

hmm.... Is a toroid an air-core transformer ?

Reply to
kreed

"kreed" "Kurt"

** You get a hole lot more out of life with toroidals !!

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oh yeah Phil, I drive around the country in an effort to device you.

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" snipped-for-privacy@dodo.com.au wrote

Oh yeah Phil, I drive around the country in an effort to device you.

*****Device??????????????

Brian g

Reply to
Brian g

Dyslexia, you know. He probably meant "deceive".

Reply to
Bob Parker

.....a DEVICE running from +/- 15VDC which vibrates, titillates ?

Reply to
Fun Tyme

Yes I did mean "deceive".

Misspelt it and then picked off the wrong option from my spell-checker's list, 'i' before e except after 'c'. So sue me.

My point is that Phil is wrong AGAIN.

I am not the OP and don't need to go to nearly that much effort to deceive him.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks for the SPAM Brian.

Reply to