ABC logo?

Is the ABC's logo a Lissajous figure?
I've been playing with an app that creates these figures, trying to
replicate the logo, but no success.

Re: ABC logo?

"Jordan"

**  Originally, it was a moving scope screen pattern but has been stylised
over the years.

http://www.abc.net.au/sa/stories/s598626.htm

** The frequency components need to be in a 3:1 ratio and with a particular
phase relationship.

Peaks in the lower (horizontal) frequency must coincide with zero crossings
of the higher (vertical) frequency.

....  Phil

Re: ABC logo?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+the+ABC%27s+logo+a+Lissajous+figure%3F+

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Re: ABC logo?

Yes.

You need to try harder.

Re: ABC logo?

could be,
with the horizontal sweep as a triangular wave and a 3:1 frequency ratio

what parameters doe the app allow you to tweak?

--
For a good time: install ntp

Re: ABC logo?

http://qliss3d.sourceforge.net/shot3.png

A 1:3 ratio results in a curved line with unjoined ends. Same with 1:5,
1:7 etc. Only even numbers for Y result in ABC-like curves with endless
loops.

Re: ABC logo?

qliss3d: ok, that was easy to install, but it seems to be missing phase
controls :( no activity since 2005 ...

poking round in the source to qliss3d I see you can adjust the phase
with the keyboard.

punch in frequencies 1,3,3 and then click the main window and lean on
the 'A' key for a while

then move to top slider left a few pixels to make it even better.

OTOH this guy used gnuplot:

http://moechtegerngeek.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/lissajous-figuren-in-gnuplot.html

--
For a good time: install ntp

Re: ABC logo?

That works, thanks.
It's odd they didn't make that control more obvious for dummies like me.

Re: ABC logo?

"Jasen Bleatts" < snipped-for-privacy@xnet.co.nz

** NO.

 Both are sine waves.