ABC logo?

Is the ABC's logo a Lissajous figure? I've been playing with an app that creates these figures, trying to replicate the logo, but no success.

Reply to
Jordan

"Jordan"

** Originally, it was a moving scope screen pattern but has been stylised over the years.

** The frequency components need to be in a 3:1 ratio and with a particular phase relationship.

Peaks in the lower (horizontal) frequency must coincide with zero crossings of the higher (vertical) frequency.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Yes.

You need to try harder.

Reply to
pedro

could be, with the horizontal sweep as a triangular wave and a 3:1 frequency ratio

what parameters doe the app allow you to tweak?

--
For a good time: install ntp

Jasen Betts

A 1:3 ratio results in a curved line with unjoined ends. Same with 1:5,

1:7 etc. Only even numbers for Y result in ABC-like curves with endless loops.
Reply to
Jordan

"Jasen Bleatts" could be,

** NO.

Both are sine waves.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

qliss3d: ok, that was easy to install, but it seems to be missing phase controls :( no activity since 2005 ...

poking round in the source to qliss3d I see you can adjust the phase with the keyboard.

punch in frequencies 1,3,3 and then click the main window and lean on the 'A' key for a while

then move to top slider left a few pixels to make it even better.

OTOH this guy used gnuplot:

For a good time: install ntp

Jasen Betts

That works, thanks. It's odd they didn't make that control more obvious for dummies like me.

Reply to
Jordan