ABC broadcasting technical history

In the recent post on climbing the tower, someone mentioned a book on ABC
technical gear. I've tracked it down, URL follows. May be of interest to
some. It's apparently been written by one of their most experienced
engineers/techs.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/alright-leaving-here-%E2%80%93-50-years-of-abc-technical-services/4480289

Re: ABC broadcasting technical history

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/alright-leaving-here-%E2%80%93-50-years-of-abc-technical-services/4480289

Hi Noodnik, That looks like a good supplementary book to the one I
was referring to. I was in the library on Monday but didn't look up
the title of it. It had quite a few photos but mainly concentrated
on AM shortwave and broadcast installations, especially from the
1980's mainly. Lots of good technical info such as exciter/transmitter
final stages and local manufacturing including AWA's valve (not AWV)
building industry up to the modern ceramic 4CX series tetrode valve
that they built for the military contracts to have a domestic product
(made from imported parts). The book was a large format hardcover
in red and was a signed copy of a limited set.

According to the online catalogue:
Radio broadcasting technology : 75 years of development in Australia
1923 - 1998/ John F. Ross.

http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/574800

Re: ABC broadcasting technical history

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/alright-leaving-here-%E2%80%93-50-years-of-abc-technical-services/4480289

Winner of the 2004 John Monash Medal awarded by Engineers Australia
http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/ieaust/index.cfm?3BAF63B3-A80E-C03D-F5F0-DF5BC3592477

Re: ABC broadcasting technical history

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/alright-leaving-here-%E2%80%93-50-years-of-abc-technical-services/4480289
Good one............