AA Battery Holder

Hi all,

tried all the usual suspects and can't seem to find  ANYONE  with a battery
holder for  8 x AA cells.

Am after the long style with terminals for a 9 volt snap on top.

The same ones that go inside RC radio transmitters.

......  Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

Do you mean 8 AA's side by side?
If so, Mouser have one but it's got wire leads:
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R12%BH381A-GRvirtualkey56100000virtualkey12BH381A-GR
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/EPD-200417.pdf

Or do you mean the "S" type here:
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/631/1829.pdf
They only have 6 way in that type though.

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

"David L. Jones"
"Phil Allison"

**  Did you see the word  " long "  = end on end  ???

 Did you see the number  8  ??

 Did you see " 9 volt snap "  ???

 Never seen an RC transmitter battery holder for loose cells  ??

 Must be verrrry dark where you have your head stuck.

........   Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

   Geez Phil, it would be easier to find a source of chook's teeth.
   After the best part of an hour's searching not only Aussie websites
but overseas as well, all I could find was some Asian manufacturer of a
holder which mightn't be the kind you're looking for anyway.
   I put a photo of it at
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/8aa.jpg
   Is that the layout you need? If you're after two long rows of 4 AA
cells with a '9V snap' on the end, I couldn't find any mention of them
anywhere.

Bob

Re: AA Battery Holder

"Bob Parker"

 **  Yeah  -   it's quite absurdly dificult to find.

 DSE used to sell them years ago -  I last bought one back in 1991 maybe.

 ** That   IS  is the beast.

I failed to even find a pic of one.

Thanks for your effort.

.......   Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

   For what it's worth, that one's made by the Comfortable Electronic Co
Ltd in Taiwan. Good name, isn't it?
   More info at
http://comf.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008800534987/pdtl/Battery-holder/1000868609/Regular-Battery-Holder-is.htm
   Good luck...

Bob

Re: AA Battery Holder

You didn't try too hard then, I found one in less than a minute with
Google.
I uploaded the pic here:
http://www.alternatezone.com/files/8aa.JPG
And I found a US supplier who has them for US$5, but you had to be
dick as usual, so I won't tell you where. Try being nice next time.

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

Another minute or two and - oh look, another two suppliers, one at US
$10 (ouch), and another at A3%$0.38
http://www.alternatezone.com/files/8aa-2.jpg
http://www.alternatezone.com/files/8aa-3.jpg

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

"David L. Jones Jerkoff "

**  Not the least bit interested in buying one from the USA.

........  Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

Oh look, another one that is A3%$0.90 with A3%$2.30 postage to Aus, too
easy.
Plenty out there Phil.

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

Oh look, another one that is $0.90 with $2.30 postage to Aus, too
easy.
Plenty out there Phil.

Dave.

Dave,

I wouldn't be bothered with the little wanker.
He's so up himself I seriously doubt if there is a spare mm3 to support a
fart.
He's the sort of tosser that would trash the device rather than accept your
help.
No wonder he's still just fixing (I mean stuffing) toasters.

Re: AA Battery Holder

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:12:10 +1000, "Phil Allison"

http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/18-0128.pdf

Re: AA Battery Holder

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:23:52 GMT, Ross Herbert

Yes, Even Greenweld have 'em for 0.79 (BH0010)
http://www.greenweld.co.uk/acatalog/Shop_Holders_23.html

Re: AA Battery Holder

"Ross Herbert"

**  Nope.

 Not even NZ.

........  Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

What's wrong with the UK? Plenty available there, and even with
postage can be had for under AU$10

Anyway, I just found an Australian supplier, $2.75ea. They do however
appear to be out of stock at the moment.
Way too easy, try a bit harder Phil.

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

Dave,

You have to remember that if Phil can't buy it locally (within a train or
bus ride in Sydney) he'll have to toddle down to the Post Office and get an
Australian money order to pay for it.  For overseas purchases he'd have to
get an International money order and that's likely to cost a tad more so
Uncle Scrooge is very unlikely to do that.  Now Joe Average would probably
just buy one on-line using their credit card, but I doubt Phil's allowed to
have one of those.

Re: AA Battery Holder

On Aug 20, 11:02 pm, "Alan Rutlidge"

Wow, a money order, that brings back memories...
I think the last time I got one of those was to pay for a subscription
to ETI magazine, I think I was about 12-13yo at the time. At the time
they offered a free CD cleaning cloth and you went into a draw to win
a Philips 50MHz CRO. I never did win that that CRO :-(, but I did get
my free Philips brand cleaning cloth.

Dave.

Re: AA Battery Holder

 "David L. Jones Arrogant Autistic Pig "

** You missed the obvious irony  -  fool.

YOU are calling Bob Parker a retard.

Cos he spent an hour and found none in Australia.

OTOH  -  I spent nothing like that time.

I will make one or two phone calls to hobby suppliers tomorrow.

No need to order overseas for such a basic item.

......   Phil

Re: AA Battery Holder

Well if it was so bloody easy, why did you bother posting here in the first
place you moronic pea brain?

Your OP and your subsequent responses show the typical work of a true Usenet
TROLL.

But then again, one can't expect much better from a Marist Brothers'
education, can one?

Re: AA Battery Holder

got one of them here, I can't see how anone could feel tempted to touch the
thing when live though,

--

Bye.
   Jasen