A1507 PNP switching transistor

Hi, I need to replace a failed A1507 transistor in a circuit I'm fixing, but have had no luck tracking down a supplier here in Aus. Anyone know where one could be sourced, or a suitable equivalent that could be used in its place? Thanks for any leads.

Reply to
Kim Elve

Might be a 2SA1507.... The Japs marked them with just a A1507

2 = 2 + 1 pins, S = Silicon A = PNP.

Here's a data sheet on the web

Does it fit the package you have?

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Yes, that's the one Joe. Any idea where to source it (or an equivalent) from in Aus? Thanks.

Reply to
Kim Elve

**WES Components don't have them, so you may need to look for a substitute. What specs do you need?
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson"

** The specs on that BJT are exceptional - he will need the original type.

BTW:

Watch out for TO3P ( as well as TO3) fakes at WES - bought a couple of Toshiba 2SA1941s that were anything but genuine.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Tell me about it! I'm starting to lose patience with WES. One of my colleagues got stuck with fake MOSFETs (for TV repair work). Two different types too.

More recently, I ordered and received a couple of RCA-RCA leads. Part #OFC608. They are (or more correctly, WERE) a bloody nice product. Polyethylene centre conductor insulation, plenty of conductors, aluminium AND copper braid shielding, nice looking and well bonded to the RCA connectors. In about 6 years, I've never had a problem with them. I've installed them into countless customer's systems. They are (or were) FAR superior to WES's next lower grade product. Although the cheaper product had fancy looking gold plated connectors and a pretty blue sheath, it was just bog-standard, crappy RCA cable. Shitty PVC insulation, around double the capacitance and crappy shielding.

Anyhoo, one of the latest cables developed a fault as soon as I installed it. Curious, I stripped the cable apart. I found the older, cheaper cable, with a fancy light blue jacket wrapped around the whole shebang.

I am now attempting to track down all the cables I've sold in recent times. I'll be sending them back to WES and demanding proper replacements.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Are the fakes branded as anything in particular usually or do the use any manufacturers markings? Ever had any bad ST branded TO3s?

James

Reply to
James

"Trevor Wilson"

** Ha, ha - so YOU got caught with the substitution as well.

The original WES OFC cables were a form of RF coax - 22pF per foot.

Now, they are poorly shielded crap with 220pF per foot.

** Lotsa luck.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"James" "Phil Allison"

** The fakes are made to look as close as possible to genuine, brand name devices.
** I do try not to buy fakes.

There is no reason why the ST logo would not be used by counterfeiters - nearly very other famous logo has been.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Trevor and Phil. I appreciate you working together to provide me with the useful lead/info. I think I may need the original (though, through some searching, I might get away with 2SD600 or 2SA1209 - though I can't locate a source from them either).

Reply to
Kim Elve

"Kim Elve" >

** 2SD600 = NPN, 120V, 1A, 130MHz 2SA1209 = PNP ....... 2SA1507 = PNP ......

??????????????

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**As Phil has stated, the fakes are found in most (all?) quality brand names. The ones I have found usually can be detected by some (very slight) physical differences. Mind you: those differences are very hard to pick. Further: The foregoing does not suggest that ALL fakes are physically distinguishable from the originals.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Hi, try

2sa1249, 2sb649

the former is available from futurlec

Greg

Reply to
gcd

"gcd"

** And WES.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:40:46 +1100, "Kim Elve" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Star Components list the 2SA1507 for $3 + GST.

email sales at starcomponents dot com dot au Ph (02) 9634 3849

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks Phil, My bad. I think that should read 2SB631.

Reply to
Kim Elve

Excellent, thanks for the lead Greg.

Reply to
Kim Elve

Thanks Franc, good find! I can't seem to find a web site for them. Guess I'll just call.

Reply to
Kim Elve

Go direct or via Oz agent X-On

Reply to
K Ludger

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:37:04 +1100, "Kim Elve" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Star Components have been around for more than ten years. I've dealt with them in the past. I've even had a visit from their sales rep who left me several catalogues. They are located in Toongabbie.

I don't know why they don't have an Internet presence, but they supply AV parts (VCR, TV, CD/DVD, manuals), semiconductors, passives, etc. They are somewhat like WES in that they cater to the service industry, but their range is much smaller.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar