A1507 PNP switching transistor

I need to replace a failed A1507 transistor in a circuit I'm fixing, but
have had no luck tracking down a supplier here in Aus.
Anyone know where one could be sourced, or a suitable equivalent that could
be used in its place?
Thanks for any leads.

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Might be a 2SA1507....  The  Japs marked them with just a A1507

2 =  2 + 1 pins,  S  = Silicon    A = PNP.

Here's a data sheet on the web
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/2SC3902.pdf

Does it fit the package you have?

Joe

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Yes, that's the one Joe. Any idea where to source it (or an equivalent) from
in Aus?
Thanks.

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

**WES Components don't have them, so you may need to look for a substitute.
What specs do you need?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

"Trevor Wilson"

**  The specs on that BJT are exceptional -  he will need the original type.

BTW:

Watch out for TO3P ( as well as TO3) fakes at WES  -  bought a couple of
Toshiba  2SA1941s that were anything but genuine.

.....  Phil

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

**Tell me about it! I'm starting to lose patience with WES. One of my
colleagues got stuck with fake MOSFETs (for TV repair work). Two different
types too.

More recently, I ordered and received a couple of RCA-RCA leads. Part
#OFC608. They are (or more correctly, WERE) a bloody nice product.
Polyethylene centre conductor insulation, plenty of conductors, aluminium
AND copper braid shielding, nice looking and well bonded to the RCA
connectors. In about 6 years, I've never had a problem with them. I've
installed them into countless customer's systems. They are (or were) FAR
superior to WES's next lower grade product. Although the cheaper product had
fancy looking gold plated connectors and a pretty blue sheath, it was just
bog-standard, crappy RCA cable. Shitty PVC insulation, around double the
capacitance and crappy shielding.

Anyhoo, one of the latest cables developed a fault as soon as I installed
it. Curious, I stripped the cable apart. I found the older, cheaper cable,
with a fancy light blue jacket wrapped around the whole shebang.

I am now attempting to track down all the cables I've sold in recent times.
I'll be sending them back to WES and demanding proper replacements.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

"Trevor Wilson"

**  Ha, ha  -  so YOU  got caught with the substitution as well.

  The original WES  OFC cables were a form of RF coax -  22pF per foot.

  Now, they are poorly shielded crap with 220pF per foot.

 **  Lotsa luck.

......   Phil

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Thanks Trevor and Phil.
I appreciate you working together to provide me with the useful lead/info.
I think I may need the original (though, through some searching, I might get
away with 2SD600 or 2SA1209 - though I can't locate a source from them
either).

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

"Kim Elve"

**  2SD600   =  NPN, 120V, 1A, 130MHz

    2SA1209   =  PNP  .......

    2SA1507   =  PNP ......

    ??????????????

......   Phil

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Thanks Phil,
My bad. I think that should read 2SB631.

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor
Hi,
try
2sa1249, 2sb649

the former is available from futurlec

Greg

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

"gcd"

** And WES.

.....  Phil

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Excellent, thanks for the lead Greg.

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Are the fakes branded as anything in particular usually or do the use any
manufacturers markings? Ever had any bad ST branded TO3s?

James

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

"James"
 "Phil Allison"

**  The fakes are made to look as close as possible to genuine, brand name
devices.

**  I do try not to buy fakes.

There is no reason why the ST logo would not be used by counterfeiters -
nearly very other famous logo has been.

.....  Phil

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

**As Phil has stated, the fakes are found in most (all?) quality brand
names. The ones I have found usually can be detected by some (very slight)
physical differences. Mind you: those differences are very hard to pick.
Further: The foregoing does not suggest that ALL fakes are physically
distinguishable from the originals.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Star Components list the 2SA1507 for $3 + GST.

email sales at starcomponents dot com dot au
Ph (02) 9634 3849

- Franc Zabkar

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

Thanks Franc, good find!
I can't seem to find a web site for them. Guess I'll just call.

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Star Components have been around for more than ten years. I've dealt
with them in the past. I've even had a visit from their sales rep who
left me several catalogues. They are located in Toongabbie.

I don't know why they don't have an Internet presence, but they supply
AV parts (VCR, TV, CD/DVD, manuals), semiconductors, passives, etc.
They are somewhat like WES in that they cater to the service industry,
but their range is much smaller.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: A1507 PNP switching transistor

I gave them a call and ordered two today. They should be with me later this
week.
Thanks for your help Franc.

Site Timeline