A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices. - Page 2

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Only with supplementary lighting.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 10:08:59 +1000, terryc

The results I've seen from "security camera" images are complete
rubbish compared what one can get from a video cam?
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Only because you have only seen the results from shit security cameras.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 11:40:28 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Interested if you could provide a link to a good security image
petzl
--
National Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line:
Phone 1800 802 584 or go online at

Dont bother to keep links on that.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Like anything, the early ones were crap, but now quality is just a
function of how much money you have.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:39:00 +1000, terryc

Still not seen a "security camera" that takes a better image than a
Video cam
The old tape type a virtually worthless but make a better alternative,
just looking at new Video cams seem even better
<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATER-PROOF-JAPAN-Camcorder-1080P-16-0-MegaPixel-3-TFT-/280547813226?pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item4151f3e76a
.or  http://tinyurl.com/3q364by
(I don't use this example. I use a old tape type)
On top of this using software to capture images with video cam you can
then if needed activate a BIG camera (mines a 14 megapixle SLR) with
flash, to enhance your security options. This is done via a
printer/game port (I set it to take one main photo for every 10
2ndary)
http://www.supervisioncam.com/HttpRoot/Manual.enu/switch.htm
You have to get at printer port to USB
petzl
--
National Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line:
Phone 1800 802 584 or go online at
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

You might not have, but I have. Try searching for a few and their sample
images.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 13:23:26 +1000, terryc

I have! Many seem reluctant to show samples
Heres what I get primary through window (sony video)
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/polce1.jpg
Secondary in raw mode is 14 meg but compressed it with JPG to 0.8 meg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/police.jpg
petzl
--
National Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line:
Phone 1800 802 584 or go online at
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Need lots of cops in your area????

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Since the place next to mine was bought by 2.4 million embezzled from
NSW my street has gone from Mausoleum to comings and goings night snd
day. Police are often attending. Then recently a shooting murder of a
Police Protection witeness about 500 metres away (Glen Alpine)?
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.092233,150.778862&z20%&t=k&nmd20%110211
Making it known that I record 24hour 7 days seems to of stopped the
comings and goings a fair bit? Hope it lasts

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

respects).

Wrong, as always.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Which would be useless in daylight then?

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Nope, not with automatic aperture cameras.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 05:17:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"

You can buy Automatic Apertures to fit cameras,
http://tinyurl.com/3mac75r
 the video cameras change capture speed. Unless lighting is sufficient
in both cases, the image quality determinates accordingly. For night
time "silent/spying" surveillance  (which I dont want) either the use
of infrared lighting (which can be bought) http://tinyurl.com/4298kpz
Or the use of special "night cameras"
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

You dont need to with the better cameras, they have it already.

Utterly mangled all over again.

What I said.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 11:42:35 +1000, "Rod Speed"

camera?
I have looked at some but the images I have seen from these cameras
are inferior to what I already get and not cheap (not seen any results
i would put quality wise above crap rating)
The auto aperture does help slow down "burn out" of the CCD maybe CMOS
type when used outside in full sun (always protect cameras from sun)

availability.
I also believe there are laws, council regulations about recording
what your neighbors do. An advantage with the software is I can mask
recording areas of camera so they do not capture movement taking place
in neighbors area. That said when camera does activate it does include
images of my neighbors property.
petzl
--
National Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line:
Phone 1800 802 584 or go online at
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

camera?

You need to get out more.

Corse they dont look cheap when you compare the price of
old used stuff and new stuff.

You need to get out more.

availability.

No there arent when that isnt deliberate.

Thats not necessarily desirable when they have been burgled etc.

property.

Perfectly legal.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 15:53:14 +1000, "Rod Speed"

property.

Maybe however my neibors made complaints about me claiming my
intentions are that of a sexual nature, Thhe police arriving 10 pm
sunday night! I told them I have no intention of stopping and will
make any pictures DVD's I take avaiable to the NSW police (in fact I
hand them out to anyone who wants them, so far mainly those living in
my street)
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

property.

What the neighbours dont like is an entirely separate matter to what is legal.

stopping
hand