A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Did you ever come across a web site that offers deals that seem so good, you
didn't want to tell anyone else about it,
as you wanted to keep it all to yourself?

Subconsciously, I seem to have been doing this, as I have never seen anyone else
mention this site in any of the
newsgroup chats.

It offers personal and business security cameras, and DVR systems at sometimes a
fraction of the cost of normal retail
that you see at places like Dick Smith Electronics, and from the same
manufacturer.

This store offers what they call "Amazing Deals for Installers & the Public".

However all of the goods are described as "Reconditioned, Open Box, Scratch &
Dent, End of Line".

Full Story:
http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

You mean www.swannstore.com.au, right?

didn't want to tell anyone else about it,
else mention this site in any of the
a fraction of the cost of normal retail
manufacturer.
Dent, End of Line".

I've bought a few items through that site (www.swannstore.com.au ).
Some of the 'refurbished' cameras I bought leave a lot to be desired,
inasmuch as the new cameras I have (same models) tend to have better
image quality, in some cases at least. Any queries via their site were
happily ignored as well.

Also, Swann apparently have absolutely no idea how to weather proof
their outdoor cameras. I've returned 5 under warranty so far (various
models), all for water ingress.

I've also noticed that most of the Swann cameras I have, the IR
lighting seems to deteriorate within a week or so of installing them.

I'm done with Swann.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
didn't want to tell anyone else about it,
else mention this site in any of the
sometimes a fraction of the cost of normal retail
manufacturer.
Dent, End of Line".
http://www.gozillaseamokey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /
Link doesnt seemto be woring

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
didn't want to tell anyone else about it,
else mention this site in any of the
sometimes a fraction of the cost of normal retail
manufacturer.
Dent, End of Line".
http://www.gozillaseamokey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /

http://www.gozillaseamokey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /
http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /

strange Mick, site name changed between my original post, and the one from Je▀us
Was missing "d" and "n" in host name.

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

If you have access to someone in Sony, JVC, etc who get the tape video
cameras  When they break, it's usually the tape drive that goes.
Anyhow these cameras make excellent quality security cameras which can
often be got for nothing as they never prepared them just gave
replacements

Petzl
--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
  As you  will discover swan is crap

  most of it gets dodgy very quickly , but if thats all the value you
place on your home

http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
your home

That may well be true, but I can only go on my own personal experience.

I purchased a Swann DVR4-Pro-Net, (which is an AVTECH 760) about 4 years ago at
around half the price of the same one
DSE was selling.

Had to chase some settings and files from the web, to get the port forwarding
side of things working.

And it has been ticking away day and night ever since.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
Well if you are happy
  wonderful
  however considering the industry std is now 600tvl and higher domestic
with multi mps rates common on commercial swan doesn't cut it

--

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/australia-a-security-camera-dvr-web-site-with-some-incredible-prices /

If you type spy cam into ebay you can get those $29 cams on the right of
the page for about$10 including shipping.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

What's wrong with using a DVD digital Video Camera as a security
camera? Just a random example
<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATER-PROOF-JAPAN-Camcorder-1080P-16-0-MegaPixel-3-TFT-/280547813226?pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item4151f3e76a
.or  http://tinyurl.com/3q364by
(I don't use this example. I use a old tape type)
They give superior image quality to that of a "surveillance cam" need
very little light and will record high quality images via RCA jack
input to most DVD recorder hardrives
I use my computer and a program called "supervisioncam" it only
captures movement which makes it easy to view a days recording. I plug
it to computer using a Dicksmith RCA to USB jack
If you use a number of cameras placed strategically , you can, through
software create a biometric "fingerprint" (actually more accurate
than) Even if person" wears hood and dark clothing the biometric image
can be made mathematically from points between joints, widths, ears,
eyes etc a minimum of 12 of these points can be used to identify
automatically any suspect (again though not tested in court more
accurate than a fingerprint, this software is already used to pick out
shoplifters and soccer hooligans as example)
Just interested in this field and would like feedback, opinions
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Doesnt work very well at all at night.

<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATER-PROOF-JAPAN-Camcorder-1080P-16-0-MegaPixel-3-TFT-/280547813226?pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item4151f3e76a

Depends on the surveillance cam

But dont work at night.

hardrives

But isnt any use when someone burgles your house
and the cops dont recognise who the individual is.

I was lucky that a mate of mine was a teacher at the
local school and recognised who it was immediately.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Very few do unless you provide supplementary lighting.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
Some dedicated cctv cams work perfectly in pitch black most wont unless
additional infra-red is added , many have a few led's which are often
inadequate , that's why asking the right people gets the right gear
(that aint swan)

--

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

There are more security cameras that do well enough in normal lighting than
general DVD digital video cameras.

And some security cameras have IR led lighting too.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
general DVD digital video cameras.

As I said.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

general DVD digital video cameras.

Nothing like what you said on that stupid pig ignorant very few claim.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Wed, 25 May 2011 13:57:03 +1000, terryc

The more light the better the image. Most also work with Infrared
light as well.
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

Thats not true with the best low light cameras.

But few have their own IR light built in.

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.
On Wed, 25 May 2011 19:45:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"

I think that CCD sensors like my tape sony Video camera need little
light a 10 watt fluro (energy saver) provides a very good clear colour
face/body image at 2 metres outside. My camera has inbuilt night
vision again not effective above 2 metres and in a sort of black and
white image only. CMOS sensors do offer even lower light levels
resulting in clearer pictures than CCD do and are the main sensor type
used in latest DVD quality video cameras (IMO most certainly superior
image qualiy and cheaper than Swan in all respects).
My main problem with my CCD video cam is the street light gives me the
front number plate number the rear if lit is whited out as the video
cam has (automatic) adjusted for low light capture
--
'petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Hanson2.mp3

Re: A Security Camera & DVR web site with some incredible prices.

The best security cameras do a hell of a lot better than that.

The best security cameras do a hell of a lot better than that.

That last is just plain wrong, you have it backwards.

respects).

Yes, but the swans arent the best security cameras around.

The best security cameras do a hell of a lot better than that.

Site Timeline