A question on Music CD

I am not sure if this question is going to the right group, but some of you
might be able to give useful answer.

When you play a CD, why can't the title of the track be displayed on the CD
player, instead of having to use the CD case. or us it, maybe it can be done
and the manufactures are too lazy to use the system.

If it can not be done, I am sure it would not be a difficult task to
achieve.

Re: A question on Music CD

CD-text!  Look at Sony CD players.  I would have liked them to have added
this to their DVD range also!

Have a look at things like Nero that allow to you add CD-text to a music CD.
Not very many CD-text CD get created, even from the ones from Sony!

you
CD
done

Re: A question on Music CD

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:06:38 +1200, "Eric"

probably wasnt thought of at that time.  For one, people were probably
glad at the time just to have digital audio, and having the playing
time count up on the display as it played, and also the manufacturers
probably didnt want the expense of alphanumeric displays in the CD
players.

Biggest problem of all here is of course that the record industry is a
government protected monopoly and wouldn't be innovative or move with
the times even if its life depended on it.  We should consider
ourselves lucky that we ever got to have the CD :)

if you want this however, use winamp or such on your PC.  it connects
back to a database online and works out the track and artist names of
almost all CDs based  on the playing times of the tracks.   bit
inconvenient, but dont know of other ways.

Re: A question on Music CD

If you want to experiment a little with CD-TEXT but you don't have a CD
player capable of displaying it you might want to try the free download of a
CD TEXT reader for your PC from -
http://cdtextreader.miik.com.ua /

Cheers,
Alan

Re: A question on Music CD

you

Free download of an EVALUATION version of a commercial product.
Lets not be like politicians!

Re: A question on Music CD

And your problem with this is?

Re: A question on Music CD

of
be

Not a problem, just that it isn't 'free'.

Re: A question on Music CD

Well it's free to try.  :)  For the purpose of the exercise of reading
CD-TEXT without a player.
Included the link purely for experimentation on the OP's part.   Nothing
more.

Cheers,
Alan

Site Timeline