A good topic for Mythbusters - Page 2

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

There are lots of photos of them. Prove that they aren't alien spacecraft.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Photos can't be verified.  Show me a physical one.

Similarly, I could show you a photo of any given item and you'd
be unable to prove, beyond doubt, that the item is what it seems.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Russian Soyuz for one. ;)

But you can't prove beyond doubt that alien spacecraft don't exist. The only
way to do that is to visit every planet in the universe and confirm that
there is no intelligent, spacefaring civilisation on any of them. Off you
go.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Sounds like the same argument for proof of God's existence.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Maybe God IS an alien! An electronics loving alien!

--
a a

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

somebody should ask him what's all the anal probes about in church then

--
98% of all statistics is useless !

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

I read an article in Scientific American from a guy who was arguing for
Evolution against Creation.

His oponent made the point that there is still a missing link between apes
and man. When the cientist made the point with slides etc that evidence of
such animals that had both ape-like and human-like attributes did exist,
his openent then stated that there was now 'two missing links' between
apes and humans.

For the record I doubt that alian spacecraft exist. However, I will never
know for sure as to say so categorically would entail a search of the
entire universe before I could state so with any certainty.

I can live with that lingering doubt for the time being but if someone
came to me with some evidence, and I dont want much, just one of them will
do, I'll change my mind on this point and got on with my day happy that I
am no longer alone in this world.

I think it is incumbant on the 'pro alien spacecraft' lobby to make the
case rather than the 'anti alien spacecraft' lobby to make their case.

D.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

What's that saying... 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof?'

Plus you can rarely prove a negative, so it's up to the 'it exists' people
to prove it.

--
Katharine
  The problem with paradigms is that shift happens.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

   Of course they exist!  How else can you explain where usenet trolls
come from?

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Usenet Trolls don't have the collective IQ to fold a paper plane, let alone
build a spacecraft.

Ken

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

   They are the results of a failed breeding experiments, silly!  They
didn't have the heart to kill them and they were so ashamed of their
failure that they just left them behind. ;-)

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Once upon a time qwerty decided to write:

That's a pretty stupid request considering that no one ever plans to see a
UFO, it just happens to appear before them out of the blue.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Bullshit.  I know plenty of people who plan UFO sightings.  Ever heard
of people going UFO spotting?

--

My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe,
YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh

Once upon a time Horace Wachope decided to write:

You can go UFO spotting, but there's no guarantee you'll ever see a UFO.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Of course not, but people who go UFO spotting *do* plan to see a UFO.

--

My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe,
YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh
Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Once upon a time Horace Wachope decided to write:

But a lot of people don't plan to see a UFO when they do see one.

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

So, do you admit you were wrong when you said "That's a pretty stupid
request considering that no one ever plans to see a UFO, it just
happens to appear before them out of the blue"?

--

My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe,
YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh
Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

Horace you are the biggest tosser in Australian Usenet. Fix that totally
stupid sig and get a life.

--
Enam puluh kapan-kapan daging tua

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

**They should do a religion thing.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: A good topic for Mythbusters

snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au

nah, religion aint real, everyone knows that.

--
I'm in shape ... round's a shape isn't it ?

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Site Timeline