8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan - Page 3

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

Way OT, but my 2c is that there is far too much money being pumped into
superannuation and with shares maxed, that means funds are going to flow
into real estate and boost the prices.

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

this and got in early (well very early).

up for 200%...that was a real luck :)

are good streets with good houses going

and there has to be some sort of

superannuation and with shares maxed,

Fantasy.

Easier said than done for many with real estate prices the way they currently
are.

How odd that it hasnt.

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

service, and there has to be some sort of
superannuation and with shares maxed,

Yep, the GFC showed that didn't it?

are.
So it is all speculators is it?

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

superannuation and with shares maxed,

Nope.

are.

Nope.

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

I doubt that that is going to happen.  RE is maxed out and has been
for the past 3-4 years.
I'm surprised that it hasn't fallen very much yet. They probably
cannot let it fall, as it would leave the banks without much equity to
back their loans and that might impact their credit rating, along with
interest rates (and the country).

A property manager at a Realty we use told me that they have sold only
5 properties since Christmas, the buyers negotiated hard and got big
reductions on those and the realty are basically living off their
property management side of the business. (which they are very good
at).

I wouldn't be putting money into shares myself as I know little about
it, and as for Super, little doubt that this will be gutted in some
way to refill the gov coffers before I get to retirement age.  Might
never make it there, as it is being raised every couple of years.

On the other hand, those who invested in Silver a couple of years
back, would have a smile on their face right now :)

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

are.

We'll see...

Plenty have claimed that in the past and got egg all over their faces when they
did.

Fantasy.

So was that fool economist who actually sold his place and proclaimed
that prices would fall, and they actually increased instead.

Thats drivel, plenty of mortages wouldnt still have plenty of equity.

Nope.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about the
basics.

And with the rental market very tight indeed, even the
completely incompetant can rent everything they have.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about the
basics.

Thats not super, thats the pension.

Easy to say that after the event.

Re: 8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan