Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

speaking of CFC: Freon TF substitute?
I remember this stuff back in the 1980s. It came in spray cans as contact cleaner. One crew where I worked had 20-litre drums of it. We used to bath circuit boards in it. It got rid of dust, oil,...
3
3

Free online seminar on printed and organic electronics next week
'Keithley Instruments, Inc. will broadcast a free, one-hour online seminar titled "Understanding Electrical Characterization of Printed and Organic Electronics and Materials" on Thursday, January 27,...

$58.98, A-RAM 32GB TRX-200 USB3.0 Flash Drive
$58.98, A-RAM 32GB TRX-200 USB3.0 Flash Drive Works with USB2 and USB 3.. Very cheap price... fast write/read access for a usb stick too. 24 hrs only Cheers Don... ============= -- Don McKenzie Site...

OT: Musings on CFC afterimages
As I look at a CFC from my armchair, I observe that it is so bright that I cannot see the spiral structure. Presumably the receptors in my eyes are saturated. Yet when I look away, I find that in the...
29
29

OT whinge about modern internet
In the old days of the www and before I could ask a simple technical question and get an answer, today I can only get what others think I want to know, (mostly commercial crap). Trying to phrase a...
8
8

Aldi goodies
Today I bought a cute solid looking and feeling, lithium powered battery drill, The trigger speed control is better than any others I have tried. One strange thing is that the charger power supply is...
56
56

OT: Brisbane floods - an interesting link
OT: Brisbane floods - an interesting link Click on link below to see the QLD floods before and after. Just move your cursor over the pictures to see the before and after images Cheers Don......

Info on FPGAs, anyone?
Has anyone got into FPGAs non-professionally and have any suggestions on good, reasonable cost stuff such as a dev board, software? From what I've browsed so far, it would be a 'challenge' from...

Auto-elec question - standlby / leakage current from batteries
I've a problem with a truck failing to start after 5 days sitting idle - completely flat batteries, no ignition lights, no "click-click-click", nothing. The electrical sytem is supplied by 2 x 12V...
20
20

The Return of Popular Electronics Magazine
Title says it all, they are after funding to do it: Dave.
93
93

KWh rates
Now that the retail side of Energy Australia is to be sold AGL seem to have a reasonable comparison to offer in NSW. I used a couple of the comparison sites on Google to do the math.

kids and vintage technology
Kids and vintage technology Kids from a school in Québec, Canada, are in front of 80s 90s generation technologies have to find what are those objects used for. Cheers Don... ==============
10
10

Re: Floods & Perishable whitegoods
nes. d have recovered them back to a useful state. me in and zapped any electronics?) out) and remove all the power points & dry them out as well. Saw a chest freezer today that had been in a flooded...

Harvey Norman the pommy view.
65
65

Floats on water. Dick Smith Product.