691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

I haven't been able to find a 691.2kbps PC interface card, like a PCI card. They only seem to support the 250k 500k 960k etc. To hook up the device im working with they want 2k$ for a 4 port 691.2k pci interface card.....

Reply to
Dand

One reason could be is that 691.2kbps needs an uncommon baudrate frequency if you don't want a lot of data errors.

Reply to
MC

Or run it at a slower baud rate Maybe 500k may work if its adjustable at the client end

Reply to
FruitLoop

I wish, I swear they have deliberatly done this to make me buy their card... their product aint looking so good any more. Looks like ill have to make a

691.2 to 960 converter....
Reply to
Dand

PCI

card.....

at

card...

This one's about US$100 - any good?

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

This time I'll include the link:

They specifically mention 691.2k, so maybe it is a 'standard'....?

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks they look good, but where about do they specifically mention 691.2?? I can only see it says 50bps to 921.6, even in the data sheet :-(

Reply to
Dand

Put it down to dyslexia. I'm a member of NAD, the National Dyslexics Association.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I have a quadtech pcmcia serial card on my notebook and it can run both

16550 and 17550 uart speeds up to about a meg per second

Maybe check out their 485 cards for an option

691.2??
Reply to
FruitLoop

It has a feature for syncing with incoming data so if can match it may work , check out the data sheet on the above site . It looks like a nice card

Reply to
FruitLoop

If you get the 960K model if it can't handle the rate natively it can probably be modified by changing the crystal.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts