691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

I haven't been able to find a 691.2kbps PC interface card, like a PCI card.
They only seem to support the 250k 500k 960k etc. To hook up the device im
working with they want 2k$ for a 4 port 691.2k pci interface card.....

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

 > I haven't been able to find a 691.2kbps PC interface card, like a PCI
card.
 > They only seem to support the 250k 500k 960k etc. To hook up the
device im
 > working with they want 2k$ for a 4 port 691.2k pci interface card.....

One reason could be is that 691.2kbps needs an uncommon baudrate
frequency if you don't want a lot of data errors.

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

Or run it at a slower baud rate  Maybe 500k may work if its adjustable at
the client end

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

I wish, I swear they have deliberatly done this to make me buy their card...
their product aint looking so good any more. Looks like ill have to make a
691.2 to 960 converter....

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

PCI
card.....
at
card...
This one's about US$100 - any good?

Cheers.

Ken

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

This time I'll include the link:
http://www.neteon.net/prod.asp?pc30%&p12%6&pcn=2-Port%20PCI/ISA%20Serial%20Card

They specifically mention 691.2k, so maybe it is a 'standard'....?

Cheers.

Ken

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

Thanks they look good, but where about do they specifically mention 691.2??
I can only see it says 50bps to 921.6, even in the data sheet :-(

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

Put it down to dyslexia. I'm a  member of NAD, the National Dyslexics
Association.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

I have a quadtech pcmcia serial card on my notebook and it can run both
16550 and 17550 uart speeds up to about a meg per  second

Maybe check out their 485 cards for an option

691.2??

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

http://www.quatech.com/catalog/rs422s_pcmcia.php

It has a feature for syncing with incoming data so if can match it may work
, check out the data sheet on the above site . It looks like a nice card

Re: 691.2kbps RS485 PC interface?

If you get the 960K model if it can't handle the rate natively it can
probably be modified by changing the crystal.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline