Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Computer virus shuts down Ambulance dispatch service
Computer virus shuts down Ambulance dispatch service The Ambulance Service of NSW computer dispatch system became infected by a virus at about 1pm (AEDT) on Saturday, forcing staff to shut it down and...
22
22

Re: Gillard Net Censorship/Carbon pollution - the turds that won't flush, no matter how much we try. Julia, go away.
s To be truthful Don, I find the comments on that site on many stories give a better view of a situation than the rubbish that the newspaper writes on there. I also am glad to see that more and more...
2
2

TEAC GF-350 turntable
The turntable on my TEAC GF-350 is turning too fast. (I've replaced the belt, so that's not the problem.) Does anyone have a schematic of the motor and control? The speed selector switch works; speed...
1
1

Customs cracking down on eBay, & online store purchases entering Australia, and you can expect major delays.
Customs cracking down on eBay, & online store purchases entering Australia, and you can expect major delays. I play the game by the rules, and get caught up. I am really getting pissed off now! Who...
17
17

Re: Electronics and etc blog
"Ian Macmillan" ** That is the scenario posed in text book examples of the question. Often the poor student is also asked to assume the capacitors are ideal. This really throws 'em. ** In practical...
1
1

Microsoft's latest round of patches released on Tuesday
Microsoft update offers an easier way to turn off autoruns If Windows XP users choose to install the update, they will not be as vulnerable to malware on USB sticks Microsoft's latest round of patches...
3
3

Nuisance fastners - winge
I had occasion to dismantle a cheap pedestal fan the other day (Coles Home Collection). It hadn't failed, but I wanted to see how it was wired up (that's another story). The cover to the button panel...
11
11

Dodgy step down tranny
** Hi all, a repair job arrived last night accompanied a step-down tranny - the repair is a US made amplifier that requires 120 volts AC at 60Hz - but copes with 50 Hz all right. The step-down tranny...
35
35

A device for viewing the electromagnetic structure of the human body
Here is a question about something I recently stumbled upon. This is actually about a device proposed in a very very (Internet Age) old thread at The device seems kind of interesting, as it supposedly...
3
3

Australia: wireless broadband for east coast 40-70Mbps speeds within 18 months.
Vividwireless adopts Huawei TD-LTE for east coast capitals Company aims to offer download speeds of 40-70Mbps within 18 months, but has no plans for resellers Perth-based ISP, Vividwireless, has...
11
11

Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.
Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011. Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, claims the voluntary Internet filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus this...
13
13

Photos: NBN Co network termination units
Photos: NBN Co network termination units All-round telco commentator Michael Wyres was at a NBN Co briefing this week and took these shots of the company?s internal and external network termination...
17
17

000 down after big wind
** Tell me, does this strike you as a bit of a Catch 22 ?? The phones are still working, but the emergency number goes dead .... ..... Phil
4
4

Leo on TT tonight
** Hi all, Silicon Chip publisher Leo Simpson is due to appear on " Today Tonight" this evening. 6:30 pm on channel 7. This relates to the " Power Saver " controversy .... Must be worth a look. .......
3
3

Sad, but how could anyone be so stupid?
"A 23-year-old man has become the first casualty of Cyclone Yasi after he suffocated from using a generator inside a closed room as the storm cut power supplies, Premier Anna Bligh said." "The coroner...
11
11