Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Solid state for audio signal routing
Hi, I'm adding some computer controlled signal routing to a custom band performance mixer, signal levels typical of keyboards. Rather than using relays, I'm wondering whether there's a solid state...
1
1

house light fuse 8amp blowing
My lighting ceramic fuse has started blowing this week, I replaced it with 8amp lighting fuse wire from bunnings and it was ok for 2 days then blew again. I dont have any obvious shorts on lighting...
28
28

Re: Australia’s second dot com boom is here
Don McKenzie wrote Bet it isnt.
4
4

voltage ok for battery charger ?"
hi, i have a 10 amp , 12 volt dc transformer , voltage measured at rectifier . with a capacitor across the rectifier , voltage went up to nearly 18 volts . would this suit the basis for a lead acid...
11
11

FA: Test Equipment
Hi all, I have the following items up for auction/offer closing in a few days 1) Advantest R3762AH Vector Network Analyser 2) Micro Now 2-18 GHz sweep generator 3) Marconi 2031 2.7GHz signal Generator...
2
2

NBN [SYD]
I heard on the radio (2GB) that contractors are going full ahead digging up the streets in some inner Sydney suburbs laying yellow pvc conduits for the NBN. Starting early aren't they?
3
3

NBN Co buys Austar wireless spectrum for $120m
NBN Co buys Austar wireless spectrum for $120m NBN Co will spend $120 million buying spectrum licences owned by Austar for fixed-wireless services to 4 percent of the population. Construction of the...
4
4

CCC weighs into NBN uptake debate
CCC weighs into NBN uptake debate Dry cleaners didn't put washing machines out of business. The Competitive Carriers Coalition has derided suggestions that Telstra's LTE upgrade will have any impact...
1
1

Today Tonight at it again
** This item was broadcast on Monday night: Just about everything the item said was wrong or very misleading. Power points do not burst into flames when overloaded - there has to be other SERIOUS...
21
21

IEC C13/C14 polarity
I haven't been able to find an authoritative identification of the active and neutral pins on these ubiquitous connectors. Examining all the "kettle cords" from the pooter and other hardware here only...
10
10

LTE will kill the NBN, just as unicorns are real
LTE will kill the NBN, just as unicorns are real Let?s get one thing very, very clear straight away: Any form of over-the-air mobile broadband is not ? in any way ? a replacement for a wired network...

"MOD MEN" Web Show Trailer for PC Modders
"MOD MEN" Web Show Trailer for PC Modders From Bill: Mod Men is a new webisode series that follows my PC modding business. Imagine an "American Chopper for Geeks" but without the reality bull. Show...

NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?
4G IS HERE: Telstra?s 2011 rollout. February 14, 2011 The nation?s largest telco Telstra has revealed plans to upgrade its Next G mobile network in central business districts around the nation to the...
116
116

Re: LightRadio signals the end of mobile industry?s masts and base stations.
of each cell site tower. LightRadio is and throughout a cloud-like network, ... You mean {choke} wifi will rely on NBN^Hbroadband in future? Someone better tell alternative comms ministers.

Re: LightRadio signals the end of mobile industry’s masts and base stations.
Don McKenzie wrote Like hell it does. Masts are only used where there is nothing to put the antenna etc. The bases are just miniturised compared with what they currently are. of each cell site tower....