Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Altium Limited closing up shop - Altium Designer discontinued
FYI: Altium limited has laid off 60% of their staff and will be closing the australia offices by the end of the month.
5
5

Weller heating element problem
Hi all, My Weller soldering iron heater carked it recently (TC208 24v 42w) so after testing found that the heating element was open circuit. This was no big deal, just went to my local industrial...
34
34

Jury rig digital TV antenna
.....new Toshiba 40" LCD TV, but the antenna installer is not due for another week..... What's a Q&D lash up for an antenna? I've got a couple of croc leads hooked to some jumper wire without any...
7
7

Quadrotor teams........
Very clever little gizzmo's. Could have a great future in production , rescue, etc............... Metro

Looking for calibration service in Melbourne
I'm looking for recommendations for a calibration service in Melbourne. We have a Tektronics TDS320 oscilloscope and a Fluke 177 multimeter that we need to have checked. Thanks, Peter
3
3

soft start circuit for angle grinder - anyone done one?
Hi, I've got an antique angle grinder which does not have a soft start - as a result the retainer siezes on and it's a right PITA. Knowing modern grinders have softstarts built in, is it possible to...
12
12

Blocking diodes for paralle PV setup
Where do people source these? Or are they not a requirement of modern panels? T.I.A.
5
5

Altium (Protel) Moves Global HQ to China
For those who care about such things, the title says it all: Dave.
49
49

TI to buy Nat Semi
From The Register: Texas Instruments has agreed to purchase rival National Semiconductor for $6.5 billion, a deal would combine two of the world's largest chip makers. TI said the pact would expand...

Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA
We've just received notification from the management agency for a rental property we own, regarding installation and maintenance of RCDs and smoke alarms in rental properties. The notification appears...
30
30

using natural gas to generate electricity
Here is an idea, get a regular (say) Holden V6 engine, convert it to natural gas, and connect it to a 100KW electricity generator. You should be able to find something from an army disposal sale....
44
44

Tesla generator sellers -> FAKE!!
if anyone run on this offer, do not even bother to read, and spread it all around how this is a fraud; this works only in theory...and main detail those guys dont even mention is; ANTENNA!!! ...all...
8
8

Power consumption chest freezer verasus refridgerator.
Similar internal size. Chest freezer is drawing slightlky more (5%) that refridgerator(vertical door). The chest freezer is opened 2-3 times per day, The refridgerator about 6-12 times per day....
9
9

Dry cells and diode commoning for supply backup
I need to set up a Q&D no-break power supply for a small datalogger, 5V supply at 20mA or so. The easiest approach is to use a 12V plugpack and a 9V dry cell, commoned via silicon diodes, feeding a...
5
5

DSO Nano 2
Hi all, after reading the other thread about the various mini scopes I purchased one of these from Sparkfun for $AUD99.95: It only turned up today so haven't had a good play around with but upgraded...
1
1