6/1 Mbps?

Just looking for clarification on this:

"The Peak Speed of NBN Satellite Services vary depending on your
location in Australia, your modem's signal strength and satellite
network congestion, and could be as high as 6/1 Mbps"

I'm not sure what " 6/1 Mbps" is supposed to mean (maybe I havent had
enough coffee yet)... anyone know? Maybe as high as 6 Mbps?

In a few weeks I'll be changing satellite providers, thanks to the
NBN. Going from a 3GB quota to 500GB, and full satellite speed. Gonna
be one hell of a difference, on my exisiting satellite connection I've
yet to see even 256K after 3 years (supposed to be 512K).

I may or may not be able to see any replies later on today, as I may
not even be able to connect to this or any other server after about
8AM, so forgive any lack of response :\
------
If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still
wrong? ? Steven Wright

Re: 6/1 Mbps?

Umm, 6 down, 1 up?

Re: 6/1 Mbps?
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:58:41 +1100, terryc

Ahh... yep, that's probably it. Thanks. My NBN Satellite Service is
booked for installation on 13 Feb, it'll sure beat the 11kbps I get
from my so-called 512k satellite service of the past 3 years.

Re: 6/1 Mbps?
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 07:58:13 +1100, "gcd"

megabits per second (Mbps) download and 1 Mbps
on a number of factors including the retail
the usage of the service at the same time by

Thanks for that. For the past month my max. speed on my existing
satellite connection has been around 11kbps, which means a lot of
sites and pages won't load at all. So I tend to pick and choose very
carefully what I do on here for the time being... :\

I have a 'tentative' installation booking for Feb. 13. Hopefully
they'll stick to that date, but based on when the same company
installed my existing connection, they'll probably keep postponing it
until they have a couple of other jobs in the area.

Site Timeline