Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Semi [OT]: What is the black deposit on the underside of wet lead acid battery vent caps?
Does anyone know what the black smudgy deposit is that forms on the underside of wet cell lead acid automotive batteries is? It looks a little like soot and is easily wiped away. I've heard it can...
8
8

Inductive resistors
** Hi all, the self inductance of WW resistors has been a hot topic here - as makers rarely specify how much inductance their products have nor publish impedance curves. For most WW resistors over a...
7
7

DealExtreme - Some wins, some losses...
...from my most recent purchases from DealExtreme. The wins: This thing is REALLY something very good indeed. Thin, unobtrusive, nicely made and very, very bright. I compared it to an existing, 11...
9
9

Re: Inductance of 820 ohm 10w wirewound: OOPS
Sorry, correct equation:
1
1

fyi Bob P
1
1

Bob Barnes funeral arrangements.
Bob Barnes funeral arrangements for anyone wishing to attend: Heritage Funerals, 143 Wellington Road, Sefton NSW at 10.00AM on Friday June 24th, in the chapel of the funeral parlour. Don......
1
1

Inductance of 820 ohm 10w wirewound
Can anybody with a good inductance meter, please measure a 10 watt wirewound resistor of 820oms and tell me the inductance. I am getting wildly different figures from various sources. Thanks all.
25
25

This guy seems to think cassettes are worth something.
6
6

Fair Trading warning on electrical safety
Just a message to some of those that underestimate the sore point of Electrical licenses. I'm just a messenger
3
3

RIP Bob Pease
(Repost - Not using Google groups so those who block GG can see it) Word has just filtered through Twitter that Bob Pease was killed in a car accident. This one by the sounds of it: In a sad twist, it...
47
47

Bob Pease
Word has just filtered through Twitter that Bob Pease was killed in a car accident. This one by the sounds of it: In a sad twist, it is reported that he was returning from Jim Willam's memorial. A sad...
26
26

Bob Barnes proprietor of RCS Radio passed away.
Bob Barnes the proprietor of RCS Radio was admitted to hospital on 8th June 2011 and sadly he passed away on 15th of June. This has caused massive disruption to normal operations. Bob's son Andrew is...
2
2

OT: Optus Phone/Broadband packages
I have just been looking at some Optus "Fusion" plans especially the $79/month one which offers unlimited local and national calls, unlimited calls to OPTUS mobiles, line rental and 120GB broadband...
4
4

How to read current going into an inverter
I want to measure current being used by a 12V inverter. I have bought a 200 amp shunt and a labjack usb daq box. The problem I am having is that the measured voltage across the shunt keeps jumping all...
6
6

Do Not Call Register has actually fined someone
Struth, they actually fined someone $120K I just thought it would fall in a hole like most things these days. Now all we need is some heavy fines for unsolicited emails. Oh, and snail mail, I am still...
39
39