Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how is carbon tax gonna work ?
if the carbon tax does go thru , how is this gonna help reduce pollutants ? ummmmm IT WONT !!! what ever businesses are making now , they are gonna continue to make , and there fore make the same...
39
39

Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?
These pics are all I have to go on... I'm particularly interested in the amp, looks to be a kit? Any help appreciated, thanks.
6
6

Suntan brand capacitors bought from Jaycar
I'm frustrated to discover that a couple of 1000uF 16V electrolytics that I bought from Jaycar a few years ago to repair a video card now have bulging tops and will have to be replaced. They are...
13
13

Fighting the inevitable with my E220 modem
This is getting more and more frustrating,I decided to go with optus with my three branded unlocked E220, BIG BUT. they have 3G prepaid for 12 months 15 GB at $130 but do you think I can get it, NOOO....
2
2

Questions I am having troubles getting answers to about 3G wireless
I have an E220 modem (7.2 mbps) I used to have an E160g When I got the faster modem I put the "3" company sim out of the E160g in it The computer now said, connected at 7.2 mbps even though the actual...
2
2

A bright idea.
Light bulbs used to cost $0.15-$1.50 then we were told it is better for the environment and our pocket to replace (even working) light bulbs with new ones that cost $5-$10 although these ones are...
24
24

Power savers again
We had this subject a little while ago and I think we came to the conclusion that those little plugin power factor correction devices don't work. Meaning they won't reduce you power bill by a...
25
25

Can somebody explain these bids?
I'm just curious and somewhat perplexed about this auction: I'm on satellite broadband myself and have bought a few of these modems from eBay over the past couple of years. I've never paid more than...
4
4

OT whinge - timber
Just got some timber delivered today, left in my carport, as per instructions. When I went out to check it, I find that one piece is badly damaged. The piece of wood it's sitting on is 20cm wide, so...
22
22

OT:Earth tremor
Just felt an earth tremor in Melbourne SE suburbs. I'll take a stab at magnitude 3.5 Went for about 10 secinds, good side-to-side shaking.
8
8

low voltage logic availability
Hi, Does anyone have an idea on whether LVTTL/CMOS logic families are likely to turn up in hobby electronics stores anytime soon?
2
2

Somewhat OT: single or double pole breaker?
I'm trying to reach a decision to upgrade my home's old fuse box with breakers. My sparkie suggested going to double pole combined RCD/ breakers. In thinking about it afterwards, I was wondering if...
10
10

Philips eoclick fluorescent starter
The datasheet for this product claims that they have eliminated radioactivity and lead from it. Radioactivity? The generic Taiwan made one that I'm replacing appears to have an essentially identical...
46
46

Deal extreme
For anyone who likes deal extreme, here's a similar site. They seem to match deal extreme's prices to the cent and have many of the same products. Anyone have any others similar?
24
24

Class 2 or double insulated computer ATX power supplies - do they exist?
I'm using a USB connected capacitive sensor which works fine when connected to a laptop, but has a 50Hz noise problem when connected to a normal desktop PC. Research indicates this could be due to the...
8
8