Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: carbon dioxide reduction question
Since there has been all this hype about removing carbon emissions, Why hasn't anyone come up with the concept of totally banning soft drinks, since these are all made with carbon dioxide (for the...
68
68

Seeking info on Power Conversions "Slimline" inverter
I have a sine-wave inverter manufactured by Power Conversions P/L in Victoria. It is the "Slimline" series, 500 Watt. According to the current operators of PC, this was made by the previous management...
2
2

Halogen Lamp Dodgy ?
** Hi all, picked up a 75 watt Haolgen GLS lamp yesterday ( payed $3.95 ) - it died in a few seconds. The brand is Crompton Lighting ( H75GLSBCP) - made in China of course. Now that the sale of normal...
1
1

Fridge compressor probs...
I picked up a small fridge compressor with the idea of playing around using it for a SMD vacuum parts pick up tool, but it behaves strangely. On initial power up it runs fine, very quietly. It...
2
2

If you can't fix it with a sledge hammer.....
Hi All, I had an old friend whose favourite saying was, "If you can't fix it with a sledge hammer and an oxy torch it ain't worth fixing". Anyway, despite knowing better technically it sometimes...
5
5

In-rush resistor failed
Hi All, A friend of mine has an LG DVD/VCR combination unit which suddenly went completely dead. These units are getting pretty hard to buy these days, so I lent her an old VCR of mine so she could...
20
20

Inverters
Why are petrol electricity generators called "Inverters" ?
10
10

Re: OT Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
**I don't. And YOU don't know of a lamp that can heat a house (or cool one) either. Using lights to warm a home is insane. Pretty much like everything else you've posted. **No one disputes that....
200
200

Re: CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors
"Jamie" = Maynard A. Philbrook, radio ham KA1LPH and total fuckwit ** Wot absurd craplogy. .... Phil
27
27

PM3335 CRO
I'm looking for the user manual/operating guide etc. for the Philips PM3335 analog/digital 60MHz CRO. I already have the service manual. Can anyone help ?
1
1

Re: Renting Hypothetical
You actually sought advice from Phil Allison?! You must be Dimmer than we thought.
20
20

European-Quality 1-off PCBs at DIY-Friendly Prices
Are you frustrated with your search for a PCB prototyping service that will let you order ONE PCB without burning a hole in your pocket or compromising on specifications because you're a "hobbyist"? I...

sony digital optical output dropout
I recently purchased a Sony av receiver to go with my 3 year old Bravia Tv. On connecting the optical digital output from the tv to the amplifier, an intermittent dropout of the sound became apparent....
4
4

two heaters
If I have two temperature controlled heaters side by side, what will the outcome be? Will the two heaters both run at 1/2 the pace they normally would, or will one heater end up doing all the work?
5
5

Advice on replacement caps CE-FUX 250v 330uF 105deg.C
Looking into reviving faulty plasma with obvious problem of 5 x bulging CE-FUX 250v 330uF 105deg.C Electrolytic caps. Not sure which ones to choose prices vary from $3 to $10 each, any...
2
2