.5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

hi anybody got info on a :

.5vdc to 3 vdc 400ma max power supply schematic/ ic  ?

mark

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Are you talking   0.5v to 3v  or 5v to 3v  ?

If 5.0v then use an LM317 regulator.
You can easily use this to do what you want with just a couple of
resistors and capacitors.

http://www.circuit-innovations.co.uk/LM317.html
Here is one example that is exactly what you need, and shows the
formula for calculating resistor
values for any output voltage that you want. within limits of the
device and supply voltage of course.

If it is 0.5v DC, you have a big problem.  You will need a switchmode
converter.

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

**Nonsense. It is quite easy to build a power supply that can be varied down
to zero Volts. It is not quite as simple as using a single chip regulator
however.

http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM117.pdf

Page 17.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Agree, I thought originally that he wanted to convert a 0.5v source
voltage UP to 3v.

That would need a switchmode type device, and would be more difficult
to design and build.

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

**It's difficult to understand the original poster's requirements, as he/she
appears to be severely illiterate. You could be correct. Subsequent posts
from the OP have done nothing to clarify. I would encourage the OP to find
someone whose first language is English and ask them to translate the
request from their native language.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
whats so hard about understanding  :  "   .5vdc to 3 vdc 400ma max power
supply schematic/ ic ? "

cant you see the decimal point in front of the  5 ??...

now where did i say  that "    I thought originally that he wanted to
convert a 0.5v source

i never  even hinted or said  i wanted to convert ...

hey trevor are you screwing phil ?

u need to  go over your basic english reading skills,,

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Trevor gave you the correct answer and a link in comment #3
So why get agro ?

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
ummm read this from trvor  :

**It's difficult to understand the original poster's requirements, as he/she
appears to be severely illiterate. You could be correct. Subsequent posts
from the OP have done nothing to clarify. I would encourage the OP to find
someone whose first language is English and ask them to translate the
request from their native language.

Trevor gave you the correct answer and a link in comment #3
So why get agro ?

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
Hi No-One,

Its all in the ambiguity of your intial statement... it can be read 2
ways...

I quote

 > hi anybody got info on a :
 >
 > .5vdc to 3 vdc 400ma max power supply schematic/ ic  ?

It can mean 0.5VDC to 3VDC Variable or 0.5VDC input and 3VDC Output.

I must admit I thought the latter when I read it and wondered what the
0.5VDC source would have been.

Anyway I hope you have your answer now .

Regards,

Mick

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
if i wanted a  .5 and 3  i would have said  .5 AND 3 .

but i said .5 to 3 v.

so when you  see 1 vdc to 30 v power supply for sale , you automatically
think its 1v and 30 ??

yeah
okay

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
Noone...

You really need to get a grip...

Your english is in need of a lesson..

No one (not even you NO-ONE).. Said .5v AND 3V.. If you had (or
inferred) ....AND....  you would, presumably, get answers that provide a
.5V output AND a 3V output...

.5v TO 3V can mean .5V in to 3V out. As in 240VAC to 12VDC

it can also mean

Variable between .5v and 3V. (with inference on The output voltage)

I find it hard to believe that you cannot bring yourself to see that
glaring amiguity, but instead jump down peoples throats for asking for
more information on your problem.

You seriously are not going about things the right way if you are in
need of answers ... People (except those wanting to inflame) would just
ignore you.

No... its more obvious there due to the huge step up range and the fact
that `power supply' is mentoned AFTER the range ..... but the ambiguity
still (technically) exists but because of the way it is said the
automatic inferrence is a variable output...

The bottom line is If you want answers .. be nice... if you want to play
games go about things the way you are..

Regards,

Mick

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Hey Mick
We can only hope the onrush of teenage hormones will abate a bit in a
few years and then perhaps with some life experience under it's belt
there may be some improvement in manners and knowledge.

Rheilly P

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

**Sadly, I fear the written communication skills of young people may never
amount to anything worth a damn. As can be seen from this thread, this is a
potentially extremely serious situation.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Wadafuk u meen Trevy u dardy dood LOL!

Written job applications are a good thing -  you can weed out a lot of crap
very easily.

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
Actually no a lot of the time
  written skills bears little relevance to many positions apart from
some box ticking on the computer
Some the best sales people are near illiterate but can smooze  terribly well

--

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
hey trevor , you got any    wooden  volume control knobs on your website ,

Re: .5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed
hi,    was   point 5 vdc to 3 vdc ,   i dont a bit  more reasearch  and i
actually need 2 vdc @ 250 - 350 ma.,
thansk,
mark