.5 vdc to 3 vdc max 500ma power supply schematic/chip needed

Are you talking 0.5v to 3v or 5v to 3v ?

If 5.0v then use an LM317 regulator. You can easily use this to do what you want with just a couple of resistors and capacitors.

Here is one example that is exactly what you need, and shows the formula for calculating resistor values for any output voltage that you want. within limits of the device and supply voltage of course.

If it is 0.5v DC, you have a big problem. You will need a switchmode converter.

Reply to
kreed

hi anybody got info on a :

.5vdc to 3 vdc 400ma max power supply schematic/ ic ?

mark

Reply to
no one

**Nonsense. It is quite easy to build a power supply that can be varied down to zero Volts. It is not quite as simple as using a single chip regulator however.

Page 17.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

own

Agree, I thought originally that he wanted to convert a 0.5v source voltage UP to 3v.

That would need a switchmode type device, and would be more difficult to design and build.

Reply to
kreed

**It's difficult to understand the original poster's requirements, as he/she appears to be severely illiterate. You could be correct. Subsequent posts from the OP have done nothing to clarify. I would encourage the OP to find someone whose first language is English and ask them to translate the request from their native language.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

hi, was point 5 vdc to 3 vdc , i dont a bit more reasearch and i actually need 2 vdc @ 250 - 350 ma., thansk, mark

Reply to
no one

whats so hard about understanding : " .5vdc to 3 vdc 400ma max power supply schematic/ ic ? "

cant you see the decimal point in front of the 5 ??...

now where did i say that " I thought originally that he wanted to convert a 0.5v source

i never even hinted or said i wanted to convert ...

hey trevor are you screwing phil ?

u need to go over your basic english reading skills,,

Reply to
no one

hey trevor , you got any wooden volume control knobs on your website , to give my amp that smooooth sound ???

Reply to
no one

power

Trevor gave you the correct answer and a link in comment #3 So why get agro ?

ent

te

Reply to
kreed

ummm read this from trvor :

**It's difficult to understand the original poster's requirements, as he/she appears to be severely illiterate. You could be correct. Subsequent posts from the OP have done nothing to clarify. I would encourage the OP to find someone whose first language is English and ask them to translate the request from their native language.

Trevor gave you the correct answer and a link in comment #3 So why get agro ?

Reply to
no one

Hi No-One,

Its all in the ambiguity of your intial statement... it can be read 2 ways...

I quote

It can mean 0.5VDC to 3VDC Variable or 0.5VDC input and 3VDC Output.

I must admit I thought the latter when I read it and wondered what the

0.5VDC source would have been.

Anyway I hope you have your answer now .

Regards,

Mick

Reply to
Mick DaDik

Noone...

You really need to get a grip...

Your english is in need of a lesson..

No one (not even you NO-ONE).. Said .5v AND 3V.. If you had (or inferred) ....AND.... you would, presumably, get answers that provide a .5V output AND a 3V output...

.5v TO 3V can mean .5V in to 3V out. As in 240VAC to 12VDC

it can also mean

Variable between .5v and 3V. (with inference on The output voltage)

I find it hard to believe that you cannot bring yourself to see that glaring amiguity, but instead jump down peoples throats for asking for more information on your problem.

You seriously are not going about things the right way if you are in need of answers ... People (except those wanting to inflame) would just ignore you.

No... its more obvious there due to the huge step up range and the fact that `power supply' is mentoned AFTER the range ..... but the ambiguity still (technically) exists but because of the way it is said the automatic inferrence is a variable output...

The bottom line is If you want answers .. be nice... if you want to play games go about things the way you are..

Regards,

Mick

Reply to
Mick DaDik

if i wanted a .5 and 3 i would have said .5 AND 3 .

but i said .5 to 3 v.

so when you see 1 vdc to 30 v power supply for sale , you automatically think its 1v and 30 ??

yeah okay

Reply to
no one

Hey Mick We can only hope the onrush of teenage hormones will abate a bit in a few years and then perhaps with some life experience under it's belt there may be some improvement in manners and knowledge.

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

**Sadly, I fear the written communication skills of young people may never amount to anything worth a damn. As can be seen from this thread, this is a potentially extremely serious situation.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Wadafuk u meen Trevy u dardy dood LOL!

Written job applications are a good thing - you can weed out a lot of crap very easily.

Reply to
Dennis

Actually no a lot of the time written skills bears little relevance to many positions apart from some box ticking on the computer Some the best sales people are near illiterate but can smooze terribly well

--
Reply to
atec77