Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs
I've just moved from Melbourne, where I knew a number of good local suppliers, to Roseville (near Chatswood) in Sydney's north, and I'm stumped for suppliers. This has to be wrong, isn't Chatswood a...
12
12

Video and 100v P.A. in Cat5e
Hi. I need to connect a video camera signal from one building to another. They are about 5m apart. In the building where the camera will be located is a 100v pa system, I also need to connect speakers...
8
8

LED V CFL.
OK, so I'm in the UK but CFLs get discussed more on aus.electronics than any other group I use, so I'm bound to get an opinion or three. Just happened to be wandering around the local Sainsbury's and...
14
14

Aussie wins $M300 from Microsoft
** See news story: Took 3 years, in and out of various courts. Bet Bill Gates did not even flinch at the amount. .... Phil
3
3

AIRCONDITIONING>>> mandatory you'd think in a car.
Yet the VT/VX Crapadore Executive models had AC as an option. AC is not just for cooling occupants, it is used in rainy weather to rapidly demist windows. It's another arm-pinching thing [am I having...
4
4

How to recharge Lithium ion batteries via - simple circuit.
I've got my hands on various discarded li-ion batteries from laptop and mobile phones and was wondering if anyone here knows of a simple recharger to build ? From some googling Li-Ion are not as easy...
7
7

Re: Fax machine
Not something you can pick up from something like Dick Smith?
5
5

OT: Acceptable temps from a chest freezer
Just bought a F&P chest freezer to replace an older chest freezer with thermostat stuck on flat out (I'll look at replacing the thermostat now that I have the new freezer to put the contents in). I...
29
29

Components etc
I needed to order printed circuit board and a few semiconductors along with plugs and other bits and pieces. So I picked up the new Electus catalogue to find the part numbers. Nothing, all gone, no...
14
14

World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder
World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder Raspberry Pi shipping is delayed Raspberry Pi delayed by "manufacturing hiccup" Cheers Don... ============================
22
22

Stupid heap of crap inherited iphone
Nearly got a hammer to it,Tried to update apps,it asked for password, said entered incorrectly, tried a number of times, IT said tried too many times asked if I wanted to retrieve password so I said...
3
3

Compact Fluoro's - operating position?
I've heard stories of CFL's that gave decent life in only the base-up position, and died prematurely if mounted base-down. Is this behaviour anyone's experience here, and if so how can one determine...
4
4

bigpond "news"
Has bigponds server gone bung, bigpond times out but eternal september works?
4
4

OLinuXino, a serious Rasberry Pi competitor?
OLinuXino, a serious Rasberry Pi competitor? After talks at the recent Embedded conference in Germany (2012), Olimex decided to go ahead with the production of two new boards that were very similar to...
113
113

How to heat IC in phone
My Nokia phone seems to be damaged in some way. According to online forums the solution is to heat this part of the phone: How do you go about 'heating' this component? What would heating it do? Wipe...
7
7