Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

No More TO-3 Voltage Regulators?
Looking for a replacement LM340K-24 fixed 24V 1A linear regulator for my bench power supply I've dicovered that TO-3 voltage regulators seem to be in the last stages of disappearing entirely. Looking...
3
3

R-cores come from Mars ?
Hi, former regular poster here ( plus PITA) and now U-tube superstar "David L. Jones" is a barrel of laughs. 6 minutes into this RECENT vid, he discovers a R-core transformer in a tear down. Having no...
3
3

Serious power dirt cheap
There are a bunch of used HP common rail power supplies for sale on eBay. They have a 12v output at 62 amps (750 watts) and you can get one for less than $30 post free. Made by HP for data centre use...
9
9

Shipping from China
Is it just my imagination or are shipping fees from Chinese suppliers going up? The options for shipping a display only included DHL at $26, slightly more than the item itself, and a very small GPS...
7
7

Who likes Aussie V8s ?
Hi, V8 Commodore, rallying: .... Phil
21
21

I thought that it was only the HiFi world that was into this sort of juju
2
2

What is this called?
This attachment allows a cable to pass through a panel, and clamp the cable into position. I know I bought it from an ordinary outlet, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called. Any...
48
48

Ventilation on live equipment
I'm building something for use at home that contains a thermistor at mains potential. It's being used to sense room temperature, so ideally gets some air flow. I can't find any guidelines/rules...
2
2

Weird
The wife started complaining that one of the LED globes in the dining room was flashing. These globes are Aldi specials bought about 5 years ago (very reliable), I thought that she meant that it was...
2
2

Re: multi voltage power adaptor
Why is that significant? there's over 200 commercial vineyards in the UK today so they grow well enough today. Without trucks and trains the romans would be consuming mostly locally produced wine...
1
1

6V power cord into 5V device?
I have a small bluetooth speaker which has a small hole to put a charger in it which says 5V. If I use a 6V charger in it, what is going to happen?
4
4

Measuring current draw from modern LED lights.
Greetings. Getting to the point - is there anything about modern LED grow lights that could cause inaccurate amperage measurements? I have an elcheapo Arlec meter, when testing it on other devices,...
7
7

Buying Bulk New/Used Micro SD Cards
Later this year I'm likely to be looking to buy 50 or more Micro SD cards with capacity of 128MB (yes, MB not GB) or more. Looking at prices, RS and e14 sell them but don't actually have any quantity...
18
18

Free 8255 chips
I have a large number of unused 8255 programmable peripheral interface ICs that will be binned if I can't find anyone who wants them. You'll have to take the whole lot (about 30 tubes with 10 chips in...
8
8

Whjat a good fritzng we've just experienced.
It was only a short black out (brown out?) that most of the computers didnt notice. First clue that something was wrong was the mail server being inaccessible. a bit of a fiddle part and restart and...
3
3