Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- 4 wire speed control computer fans
February 14, 2009, 11:30 pm
rate this thread
Re: 4 wire speed control computer fans
It's a 5V 25khz PWM signal.
You need to let it spin up first. I have one motherboard that always cycles
them at 50% duty right from power on, only problem is it does this straight
from bootup, so some fans don't even spin up and the bios just cuts out with
CPU fan fail error for under 800rpm... the only way I found around it was to
hold reset until the fans spin up. Because of all the dodgy brands of fans
you will find that some need way longer than 30% PWM to keep spinning and
some won't even start spinning unless they have 100%.
- » Re: GOD ' SWRATH EVIDENT IN RECENT AUSTRALIAN FIRES WITH A 300 ABOUTHOLOCAUST .... as a ...
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Opornik w bazie tranzystora MOSFET: plusy i minusy
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics (Polish)