4 pole switch

G'day all

For a project, I will be running 3 phase (+ earth) to a DB and then
splitting it up into a 3 phase part to run 3p motors off and a single
phase section (for 1p motors).

I want to use a switch to utilise only one section (3p or 1p) at a
time, so basically using a 1-0-2 switch . My question is, are there any
4 pole switches that I could use? I've been looking through Clipsal but
haven't seen anything so far.
The max current (for the 3p part) will be 32A and I'd prefer it to be
at least IP65.

cheers

Re: 4 pole switch

For a project, I will be running 3 phase (+ earth) to a DB and then
splitting it up into a 3 phase part to run 3p motors off and a single
phase section (for 1p motors).

I want to use a switch to utilise only one section (3p or 1p) at a
time, so basically using a 1-0-2 switch . My question is, are there any
4 pole switches that I could use? I've been looking through Clipsal but
haven't seen anything so far.

*****If you run three phase (+ earth),you will not be able to derive a
single phase supply as there will be no neutral.
It is obvious from the foregoing and your rather silly question that you
really haven't got a clue.You would be well advised to approach a qualified
person with your requirements.

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: 4 pole switch

If it is 3 phase Delta this is true but if it is 3 phase Star, does not the
'Star' connection become the neutral?

JD

Re: 4 pole switch

If it is 3 phase Delta this is true but if it is 3 phase Star, does not the
'Star' connection become the neutral?

JD

**** Of course!
But the OP wrote "3 phase (+ earth)",note that there  is no mention of "+
neutral".
Specify three phase plus earth as the OP did and you will get exactly four
wires,no neutral!

Brian Goldsmith.

Site Timeline