$399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. - Page 5

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Event Date/Time (Local Time)     Event Description     Location
19/10/09 21:00      Manifest accepted      MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)
19/10/09 17:35      Manifest received      MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)

Mine is above.

I think it simply means Oz post got yours on the 17th, and stuck it in a
corner next to mine, on the 19th.

At least Mr Catch sent them off to Mr Oz Post, and "Mr Bus".
:-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Update today:

Event Date/Time (Local Time)      Event Description      Location
21/10/09 07:12      Awaiting Collection from Post Office      TULLAMARINE BC
21/10/09 06:43      Transferred to TULLAMARINE BC      AIRPORT WEST DC
21/10/09 06:17      Accepted by Driver - For Transfer      AIRPORT WEST DC
21/10/09 06:15      Processed at facility      AIRPORT WEST DC
19/10/09 21:00      Manifest accepted      MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)
19/10/09 17:35      Manifest received      MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)

Mr Bus Monday, and caught a later bus.

Looks like I collect today from my business P.O. Box.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Mine arrived about 10 mins ago.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

and my two about 5 mins ago.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

...and mine 10 minutes ago.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Mine arrived yesterday, but it has a problem.  Either the video or the
screen has a fault.  Shows a big patch of colour and white bands up in
the top left side of the screen.  Unuseable.  Waiting on a return
authorization from COTD....

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

ouch!!!
I know the feeling.

I got my first 7" EEE PC in Nov-2007 from Taiwan, and it came with a
cracked screen.

see:
http://www.dontronics.com/!!.jpg

Good luck with it.

I better check mine.

Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Ok, this damn thing is almost unusable!
The silly trackpad thing interprets a click or double click almost every
time I touch the damn thing and I can't figure out how to disable this "tap"
feature, anyone know?
I just want to use the pad as a mouse and nothing more. It has perfectly
good mouse buttons under it.
The Elantec control panel gives an option to change the sensitivity of it,
but it doesn't really help much, no option to disable that I can see.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Have you looked under Options (double-click Elantech icon in the tray, Elantech
tab, Options button)? It has most gestures listed, tapping, scrolling, zooming,
rotation and many more. You can enable/disable each of them and adjust
sensitivity for some (maybe all?).

Don't know about your settings and how heavy are your fingers but since I found
out all these gestures I never use buttons - its so much easier to scroll or
right click with two or three fingers.

Tom

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Ah, thanks. I fignured it should have been under those tabs, but it's under
the actual Eleactec driver options - go figure.
Grrr....
Sanity has returned.

Thanks
Dave

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Miniature wireless mouse, (much easier to use)

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Sure, if you have a desk to use it on.
But when you are on using it mobile while on the bus or whatever, it's not
really an option

Dave.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Go in control panel and click on classic view. Doubleclick on the icon for
the pad and change options. You can disable the touch-click stuff there.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

I have always hated those trackpad thingos, so I never go anywhere
without a miniature mouse, and these days, a miniature USB thingo to
match. And I don't even need to remove the USB device to put it in the
supplied bag. They make them very short these days.

But yes, where do you put your mouse?

Well in a plane it's easy.
In a seat waiting for a plane, I use the arm of the seat, or a seat
beside me. Or what is left of your lap if you are really struggling.
I'll do any thing but use the track pad.

I have generally found a table and chair at an airport if I have to hang
around a long time, and with these internet kiosk type things, you just
throw it in front of their screen. 4 out of 5 are never in use anyway.

As I never catch a train or bus, it has never been a problem for me.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Control Panel / Mouse.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. Now down to $299 only to 12PM 4/11/2008

Down to $299 now...
http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/showStealOfTheDay.asp?utm_source=topbuynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content20%09113_NOAS-1000H-W040X&utm_campaign=TB_Newsletter2009113

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. Now down to $299 only to 12PM 4/11/2008

http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/showStealOfTheDay.asp?utm_source=topbuynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content20%09113_NOAS-1000H-W040X&utm_campaign=TB_Newsletter2009113

That is the HA model,

is has the older keyboard, the newer HE has a chiclet style, like the
new macs.

And it doesn't have the wireless speed, or battery life of the HE model.

But it has everything else, including xp installed.

A nice price. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. Now down to $299 only to 12PM 4/11/2008

I realised after posting that it was the HA, not the HE, but didn't know
what the differences were. As you indicate, a nice price still.