$399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

...and mine 10 minutes ago.

Reply to
Clocky

Mine arrived yesterday, but it has a problem. Either the video or the screen has a fault. Shows a big patch of colour and white bands up in the top left side of the screen. Unuseable. Waiting on a return authorization from COTD....

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

ouch!!! I know the feeling.

I got my first 7" EEE PC in Nov-2007 from Taiwan, and it came with a cracked screen.

see:

Good luck with it.

I better check mine.

Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Insults are the lowest form of, er, insult.

Reply to
Davo

In that case, you & I are both wogs.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Nope. Even stupid poms never called me and my ilk wogs.

They never ever called americans or canadians wogs either, least not those who hadnt moved there from various woglands.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ok, this damn thing is almost unusable! The silly trackpad thing interprets a click or double click almost every time I touch the damn thing and I can't figure out how to disable this "tap" feature, anyone know? I just want to use the pad as a mouse and nothing more. It has perfectly good mouse buttons under it. The Elantec control panel gives an option to change the sensitivity of it, but it doesn't really help much, no option to disable that I can see.

Any ideas?

Thanks Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Have you looked under Options (double-click Elantech icon in the tray, Elantech tab, Options button)? It has most gestures listed, tapping, scrolling, zooming, rotation and many more. You can enable/disable each of them and adjust sensitivity for some (maybe all?).

Don't know about your settings and how heavy are your fingers but since I found out all these gestures I never use buttons - its so much easier to scroll or right click with two or three fingers.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Ah, thanks. I fignured it should have been under those tabs, but it's under the actual Eleactec driver options - go figure. Grrr.... Sanity has returned.

Thanks Dave

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Miniature wireless mouse, (much easier to use)

Reply to
F Murtz

Sure, if you have a desk to use it on. But when you are on using it mobile while on the bus or whatever, it's not really an option

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Go in control panel and click on classic view. Doubleclick on the icon for the pad and change options. You can disable the touch-click stuff there.

Reply to
Clocky

Or something.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Control Panel / Mouse.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

I have always hated those trackpad thingos, so I never go anywhere without a miniature mouse, and these days, a miniature USB thingo to match. And I don't even need to remove the USB device to put it in the supplied bag. They make them very short these days.

But yes, where do you put your mouse?

Well in a plane it's easy. In a seat waiting for a plane, I use the arm of the seat, or a seat beside me. Or what is left of your lap if you are really struggling. I'll do any thing but use the track pad.

I have generally found a table and chair at an airport if I have to hang around a long time, and with these internet kiosk type things, you just throw it in front of their screen. 4 out of 5 are never in use anyway.

As I never catch a train or bus, it has never been a problem for me.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Down to $299 now...

APR

That is the HA model,

is has the older keyboard, the newer HE has a chiclet style, like the new macs.

And it doesn't have the wireless speed, or battery life of the HE model.

But it has everything else, including xp installed.

A nice price. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
[...]

I realised after posting that it was the HA, not the HE, but didn't know what the differences were. As you indicate, a nice price still.

Reply to
APR