$399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. - Page 4

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

We are so surprised at the capability of this little thing that we are
throwing more and more unlikely tasks at it and it eats them all.
It has a  bit of trouble with webcam movies. Compared with the
fully-featured, brick-heavy, pricey, Vista-encumbered Toshiba laptop, it is
a bit jerky in that it seems to capture fewer frames per second.
Is this likely to be because its CPU speed is slower, or because it has less
RAM?
Just curious.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Be careful using webcam frame rate as a speed reference.
I used a webcam for my first blog and found out that the frame rates changes
(a huge amount) with the ambient light level. I don't know if this is the
case with the eee one, but something to watch out for.

Dave.
Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Mine is only about 5km away!
If I was in my companies old building, it would only be literally two doors
away.
Who will score first and win bragging rights?...

Dave.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Looks like I'll win last place, I haven't heard a thing, and they aren't
responding. :-(

Shoot the messenger, shoot the messenger :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Geez, Roddles has a problem with English. Now you have thrown a big spanner
into his little workshop.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Fuck off wog boy.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Tch Tch roddles, don't you even know the difference between a wog an a frog?

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Frogwog.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Stupid pom's so stupid that it hasn't even noticed that the wogs start at
Calais.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

When did the French become wogs?

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog
The saying "The wogs begin at Calais" was originated by George Wigg,
Labour MP for Dudley, in 1949. In a parliamentary debate concerning
the Burmese, Wigg shouted at the Tory benches, "The Honourable
Gentleman and his friends think they are all 'wogs'. Indeed, the Right
Honourable Member for Woodford [i.e. Winston Churchill] thinks that
the 'wogs' begin at Calais."[3] Wigg's coinage, sometimes paraphrased
as "Wogs start at the Channel" or "Wogs start at Dover", is used to
characterise a stodgy Europhobic viewpoint, and more generally the
view that Britain (more so England) is inherently separate from (and
superior to) the Continent. In this case, "wog" is used to compare any
foreign, non-English person to those more traditionally labeled "wogs".

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

The same wogs that overran England in 1066 and transformed them for the
better?

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Oh Oh, the pig ignorant quoting the pig ignorant.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

In that case, you & I are both wogs.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Insults are the lowest form of, er, insult.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Or something.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Nope. Even stupid poms never called me and my ilk wogs.

They never ever called americans or canadians wogs either,
least not those who hadnt moved there from various woglands.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Geez, well it looks like it is finally starting to move in my direction.
See Below:

Cheers Don...

You may track your parcel by visiting http://auspost.com.au/track/ and
entering the tracking number 8CB0702444 or call 131318 and quote this
number if the parcel does not arrive within 9 business days.

Your order may be marked in Australia Post's system as "Manifest
Received". This means that your order has been assigned a tracking
number and is ready to be picked up. It may take a few days for the
parcel to begin moving through Australia Post's system.

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

I don't know what is happening with mine:-

19/10/09 21:00       Manifest accepted   PF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)
17/10/09 17:16      Manifest received   PF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)

Site Timeline