$399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Whoops, turns out the actual battery pack is marked 62Wh (8700mAh @ 7.2V), not 90Wh I got from some website. So those ballpack consumption figures for the SODIMM are even worse than I quoted.

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Geez, Roddles has a problem with English. Now you have thrown a big spanner into his little workshop.

Reply to
SG1

Fuck off wog boy.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Tch Tch roddles, don't you even know the difference between a wog an a frog?

Reply to
keithr

Looks like I'll win last place, I haven't heard a thing, and they aren't responding. :-(

Shoot the messenger, shoot the messenger :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Frogwog.

Reply to
Clocky

When did the French become wogs?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Bob Larter

Stupid pom's so stupid that it hasn't even noticed that the wogs start at Calais.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The saying "The wogs begin at Calais" was originated by George Wigg, Labour MP for Dudley, in 1949. In a parliamentary debate concerning the Burmese, Wigg shouted at the Tory benches, "The Honourable Gentleman and his friends think they are all 'wogs'. Indeed, the Right Honourable Member for Woodford [i.e. Winston Churchill] thinks that the 'wogs' begin at Calais."[3] Wigg's coinage, sometimes paraphrased as "Wogs start at the Channel" or "Wogs start at Dover", is used to characterise a stodgy Europhobic viewpoint, and more generally the view that Britain (more so England) is inherently separate from (and superior to) the Continent. In this case, "wog" is used to compare any foreign, non-English person to those more traditionally labeled "wogs".

Reply to
Rod Speed

Geez, well it looks like it is finally starting to move in my direction. See Below:

Cheers Don...

You may track your parcel by visiting

and entering the tracking number 8CB0702444 or call 131318 and quote this number if the parcel does not arrive within 9 business days.

Your order may be marked in Australia Post's system as "Manifest Received". This means that your order has been assigned a tracking number and is ready to be picked up. It may take a few days for the parcel to begin moving through Australia Post's system.

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

The same wogs that overran England in 1066 and transformed them for the better?

Reply to
Clocky

I don't know what is happening with mine:-

19/10/09 21:00 Manifest accepted PF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR) 17/10/09 17:16 Manifest received PF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)
Reply to
keithr

Event Date/Time (Local Time) Event Description Location

19/10/09 21:00 Manifest accepted MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR) 19/10/09 17:35 Manifest received MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)

Mine is above.

I think it simply means Oz post got yours on the 17th, and stuck it in a corner next to mine, on the 19th.

At least Mr Catch sent them off to Mr Oz Post, and "Mr Bus". :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

We are so surprised at the capability of this little thing that we are throwing more and more unlikely tasks at it and it eats them all. It has a bit of trouble with webcam movies. Compared with the fully-featured, brick-heavy, pricey, Vista-encumbered Toshiba laptop, it is a bit jerky in that it seems to capture fewer frames per second. Is this likely to be because its CPU speed is slower, or because it has less RAM? Just curious.

Reply to
L.A.T.

Be careful using webcam frame rate as a speed reference. I used a webcam for my first blog and found out that the frame rates changes (a huge amount) with the ambient light level. I don't know if this is the case with the eee one, but something to watch out for.

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Update today:

Event Date/Time (Local Time) Event Description Location

21/10/09 07:12 Awaiting Collection from Post Office TULLAMARINE BC 21/10/09 06:43 Transferred to TULLAMARINE BC AIRPORT WEST DC 21/10/09 06:17 Accepted by Driver - For Transfer AIRPORT WEST DC 21/10/09 06:15 Processed at facility AIRPORT WEST DC 19/10/09 21:00 Manifest accepted MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR) 19/10/09 17:35 Manifest received MPF BULK LETTERS (PROFIT CTR)

Mr Bus Monday, and caught a later bus.

Looks like I collect today from my business P.O. Box.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Mine arrived about 10 mins ago.

Reply to
keithr

Oh Oh, the pig ignorant quoting the pig ignorant.

Reply to
keithr

and my two about 5 mins ago.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed